Ducato MKII (~1995) cab heater / blower switch replacement (1 Viewer)

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Morning all.

The cab blower / fan speed switch is flaky: select a speed and it's fine for a while, and then stops blowing. Fiddle with the switch a little and it works again. I will try taking it apart and seeing if I can clean it, but I would like to replace it.

To get a part number I've tried eper (slow and pirates abound at the moment and I can't get to the right section). Also tried https://www.fiatdalys.lt/ but a) that appeared to give me the wrong part number for the hazard warning light switch (which also needs replacing) and b) it suggests you have to replace all three selection switches (direction, speed, temperature) in one unit.

Does anyone have a part number for just a fan speed switch replacement, or do I really have to replace the whole lot? I might be able to answer my own question at some point, when I've taken it apart, but it's MOT is on Tuesday so I'd like everything working.

Many thanks.

OP
OP
NorthernSands

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
I've stripped the dash apart and removed the switch. Doesn't look as though it can be taken apart. By searching ebay and visually matching the part, the number is: 1305589080.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Might well be nothing to do with the switch as it is usually the rheostat that is problem. You can sometimes cure that on the early ones, as I did, by putting rheostat in a sealed plastic bag & in the freezer for a few hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
NorthernSands

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Aye, perhaps, but it always fires back up if you give the switch a small (very small) twist. I’ve ordered a new one, so we’ll see!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back