Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not familiar with the later Ducato but on mine I had to remove the glove box to give access to it.
Simple job once you have access

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
IMG_20190105_203417538.jpg
As @Figaro says, it may be easier to remove the glove box, but not essential for me. I've just taken this picture, looking up in the footwell. The loom & securing screw are clearly visible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
View attachment 275448
As @Figaro says, it may be easier to remove the glove box, but not essential for me. I've just taken this picture, looking up in the footwell. The loom & securing screw are clearly visible.

I found it thanks to the photo. I removed the 4 wire plug and undid the small retaining bolt on the socket but the socket doesn't seem to want to come out. I don't want to snap anything but do I just jemmy it out with a flat blade driver?

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I found it thanks to the photo. I removed the 4 wire plug and undid the small retaining bolt on the socket but the socket doesn't seem to want to come out. I don't want to snap anything but do I just jemmy it out with a flat blade driver?

.....once the screw is removed, you have to depress a clip next to the screw and slide the assembly sideways, to disengage four small lugs. It then pulls outwards.

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
Thanks Revolver.

Here's my new video on where to find, and how to replace, the resistor assembly, on a 2008 Fiat Ducato based Hymer B544.
Presumably other Ducato based motorhomes and vans will have a similar arrangement.

Just like anything, it's easy when you know how.

>> VIDEO : How to locate and replace the resistor <<

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 19, 2018
Funster No
Just to say thanks for this thread. My 2007 Ducato based autotrail heater fan had started acting up this week. Only worked on number 4. I disconnected the plug dreading finding melted connections but it all looked OK, as did the loom. So I squirted contact cleaner on the plug and socket and left it to dry. Reassembled and all 4 fan speeds worked fine. Result!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back