Free Member
May 13, 2010
Kent (South Coast)
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
5 Years
I have an old (1989) Ducato 2.5l. Can anybody tell me where the gearbox oil fill point is please?

Thanks.

Hi,
I may have answered your question before in another forum but if it wasn't you here goes, the simple answer is there isn't one, the only way to do it is to drain the gearbox and refill it with the correct amount of oil. Even that is easier said than done as there is no dedicated filler hole but it can be refilled via the gearbox breather or the speedo sender or cable fitting.

Neither are easy to see and the battery and carrier will have to be removed. You can usually feel the breather which has a plastic cap that can be pulled off then by using a hose and funnel, and patience (it is very slow) it can be done.

Have a look here it is a 2.8 but the same box i think. http://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/231933-1998-ducato-2-8-tdi-gear-box-oil-change-top-up.html

Hope this helps, although you may wish you had never asked!:whatthe::whatthe:

OP
OP
TDH

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Hi,
I may have answered your question before in another forum but if it wasn't you here goes, the simple answer is there isn't one, the only way to do it is to drain the gearbox and refill it with the correct amount of oil. Even that is easier said than done as there is no dedicated filler hole but it can be refilled via the gearbox breather or the speedo sender or cable fitting.

Neither are easy to see and the battery and carrier will have to be removed. You can usually feel the breather which has a plastic cap that can be pulled off then by using a hose and funnel, and patience (it is very slow) it can be done.

Have a look here it is a 2.8 but the same box i think. http://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/231933-1998-ducato-2-8-tdi-gear-box-oil-change-top-up.html

Hope this helps, although you may wish you had never asked!:whatthe::whatthe:

Thanks for that (I think!). It wasn't me on the other forum although since my post this morning I have seen your reply there.

Cheers. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
Iit was
Thanks for that (I think!). It wasn't me on the other forum although since my post this morning I have seen your reply there.

Cheers. :thumb:

It was me i have a Peugeot I think mine is different

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back