Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
I had recently recommended Hutton’s Fiat nr Weston Supermare as a Fiat dealer elsewhere had closed down and enquiries were made as to where they could go for servicing.
Well as following a conversation with a service receptionist there today they certainly will not be doing the 2nd year service on my van.
I asked for a price for a service at 7000 miles. He quoted me £380 ! What I exclaimed ! How do you come up with that.
He went onto say I should have had a service at 12 months from the date of registration and it was in the service book, apparently a motorhome has different servicing requirements.
I told him one of our own mechanics had changed the oil at 12 months and with only 3500 miles and that We had used the correct Selena ( grade recommended by a Fiat dealership ) and a genuine oil filter.
He was not having it, he tried to tell me that any warrantee issues would depend on the service record.
I then spoke to another Fiat service centre that I had used for many years and was told that all I needed was a check over and an oil and filter service, price £195. Plus if I had had any issues they would check the vans ecu recording for a bit extra, no figure given.
You can guess who I booked the service with.

BernieT.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back