Ducato Euro 5 engine oil

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by stevec, Nov 5, 2017.

1. SandraL

SandraL Funster

Ratings:
    +315
    A software program for windows machine called " multiecuscan" with an obd adapter can do both resets. Software is free but the licence key is about £50. Does all manner of things as well as the service and oil reset.
    I am intending to purchase as I am out of warranty and intend doing own servicing in future.

• Like it Like it x 1
  2. Deneb

Deneb Funster

Ratings:
    +180
    Yes, that's what I use. I have the multiplexed version, which saves having to acquire and keep swapping several different connection leads. Worth far more than its cost if you are mechanically capable.

3. Crazylegs

Crazylegs Funster

Ratings:
    +181
    You obviously have looked into this a bit further than me, I happen to know a warranty manager in a Ford dealership so in conversation I gleen little bits of information. He tells me in the event of a engine or component failure that might be covered by warranty, he would for example in the case of independent or diy servicing be required to seek written evidence that the correct specification oils had been used.

4. Smith and Sharp

Smith and Sharp Funster

Ratings:
    +8,363
    Opie oils are great and sell lots of other things besides Oil, and the best bit is that there only five minutes from me..(y)

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. Deneb

Deneb Funster

Ratings:
    +180
    I keep all my invoices and for example, a copy of the Shell technical documentation for Helix Ultra ECT in the case of the oil I use. I would not recommend "DIY" maintenance during the warranty period, as manufacturers normally require proof of maintenance by a VAT registered garage as a starting requirement. I have however been carrying out maintenance and majority of the repairs on my vehicles for over 40 years and my career involved forensic examination of vehicles. Some things I have had to rely on garages because I do not have the time or necessary equipment and it would not be cost effective to acquire it for a one-off job. I will say however that my own experience has been that more damage or unsuitable maintenance has been carried out when I have taken my cars to main network dealers than anywhere else, and some of the things I have seen when I had occasion to visit a few of their workshops horrified me.

Mind you, I've also been in a number of restaurant kitchens in an earlier life that left me with no desire to frequent the premises as a customer!

6. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

Ratings:
    +7,629
    I have an email
    Phil

7. pagey

pagey Funster

Ratings:
    +1
    its even worse on a euro6 the spec is 0/30

8. Deneb

Deneb Funster

Ratings:
    +180
    Not sure what you think is worse about that?

0W30 is also specified for Euro 5+ engines in the X290, according to the factory maintenance information, although I believe many of the handbooks supplied with the vehicles state that 5W30 is the required grade.

In practice,, it will make little if any difference which is used. The only reason for the change to 0W30 is the current chase by manufacturers to improve emissions and fuel consumption, which it no doubt achieves following a cold start by an almost immeasurable amount.