Ducato Door lock vulnerability (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
The old screwdriver up the xxx, as prevented by proplates. are post 2016 models still susceptible to this attack or is the internal modification up to the task. HAs anyone with a post 2016 model been broken into this way?

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
The old screwdriver up the xxx, as prevented by proplates. are post 2016 models still susceptible to this attack or is the internal modification up to the task. HAs anyone with a post 2016 model been broken into this way?

I think that Steve and Soz is a 2017 (but not sure what the base vehicle is) and theirs was recently broken into this way as they described here.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I work under the assumption that ALL manufacturers are crap and a top priority for me is to fit new deadlocks.

The problem with manufacturers locks are that there are so many of them out there that eventually an exploit will be found. With deadlocks this just isn't possible without a decent skill level in lock picking.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I work under the assumption that ALL manufacturers are crap and a top priority for me is to fit new deadlocks.

The problem with manufacturers locks are that there are so many of them out there that eventually an exploit will be found. With deadlocks this just isn't possible without a decent skill level in lock picking.
Hi Gromett
Are we talking about fitting Hoesafe deadlocks fitted inside the cab doors, or something lockable from outside?
I would love to see any DIY options for exterior deadlocks on cab doors as they are at least visible to anyone trying to gain entry.
Thanks.
LES

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Gromett
Are we talking about fitting Hoesafe deadlocks fitted inside the cab doors, or something lockable from outside?
I would love to see any DIY options for exterior deadlocks on cab doors as they are at least visible to anyone trying to gain entry.
Thanks.
LES
I am talking about fitted to the vehicles doors not the habitation doors on coach built vans.

A thief trying to take a coach built C class will want to be able to enter and exit the van doors. A rapid escape is not possible if they enter through the hab door and get pulled over. Thieves are cowards generally speaking.
A class van's are a different matter altogether I think.

I have been on PVC's for quite a while now and fitted deadlocks on all doors.

The heosafe internal ones are better than nothing but I don't think they are much of a deterrent unfortunately.

These are the ones I am fitting to my current van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Plenty vids on youtube that show a complete lnstalation,have a search.
Cheers Cris.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Yes deadlocks may be effective but has the original lock been upgraded and less susceptible to this type of attack?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My last Kontiki had electronic dead bolts.... Basically solinoids.
Fitted through a hole in the door frame with a corresponding hole in the door end with strengthener plates.
25mm diameter Bolt held back under 12v power so even if power removed it remained locked.
The only way past that would be cut a hole in the door skin and push the bolt back with a finger etc. IF you knew where the bolt was.

18736_1868091-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Back to original question does fiats mod actually prevent access

Broken Link Removed

Ps not interested in how marvelous deadlocks are

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Back to original question does fiats mod actually prevent access

Broken Link Removed

Ps not interested in how marvelous deadlocks are
No. It may prevent or make the screwdriver slipped behind the handle moulding trick more difficult, but thieves will adapt to techniques they use on other vehicles, which I won't describe here, but can still be done in seconds although with more damage apparent.

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Cheap Ducato Cab Door Locks...come with Jack nuts as well so very secure...
You don't have to cut the trim, but a bit of belts and braces on my part...

The Price you see is for a Pair...

Then just us the Hab Door to Exit, with a Heosafe 1958W locked fitted...

Not Foolproof but a Decent way to secure Cab Doors...
Screenshot_20201123_100641_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Screenshot_20201123_100648_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
The easiest way is screew driver in lock barrel and turn. Easy peasy 2019 Ducato shite

Mine where done this year. Im going to blank them off with a metal plate. Don't need them with remote control and odds of the Remote not working very slim.

Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
I have designed a small plate about the size of a 2 p piece and you glue it over the lock
That will stop anyone just coming along and putting a screw driver in the lock and twisting it and buggering it up

If you don't stop that you will always get your lock buggered even if they cant open the door much etc from other devises inside

Only option really to solve the screw driver lock attick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back