Ducato Diesel Filter - water warning light (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
The water-in-filter warning light is on on my dash.

Well, it starts off on (and doesn't go out after engine starts), but then after driving a bit it does go out, and then amusingly it flashes in antiphase with the indicators when they're going.

The engine is running lovely - fires up immediately and runs smoothly, and I've read on the internet that the water sensor can be a bit temperamental. So should I just ignore it as it's probably just being daft?

I've also read that the filter might have a drain plug on it, so I was thinking that it might be worth just draining off any water in case it is present? In which case, can anyone tell me how to do it?

I *think* I've found the filter - lurking behind the air filter bucket; grey cylinder, it does have what looks like a plastic wheel on the bottom of it... but didn't want to go unscrewing things without being sure.

It's a 1997 vintage, 2.5 TD.

Thanks for help and advice as ever ::bigsmile:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The "wheel" will either be the drain tap or the screw that holds the filter bowl on. Why not get a replacement filter and change it? They are only a few quid from your local parts dealer!

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thats the water drain screw.

unscrew slowly untill water/fuel runs out.

ideally you need a cup/jamjar underneath to catch the waste fuel...half a cup should clear it of water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back