Ducato Dashboard vent Trim replacement (1 Viewer)

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
Hi all

Has anyone attempted replacing the 4 x Airvents & Radio Surround for a different colour, Fiat do Silver & a Bronze colour kit which breaks up all the blackness on the dashboard.
Ive found a You tube video which is reasonable showing a dodge Ram van in the USA (Same Fiat van) but nothing else with more detail.
If anyone has done this have you any tips / advice etc

Thanks CJ
5 Cab (2).jpg

seakay22

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Malibu GT600
Exp
Since 2002
Completely off subject but I see you've got the new 9 speed auto, how do you find it and what HP is it mated to? I've got a new Malibu PVC with the new auto sat waiting for me in Germany, god only knows when I'll be able to collect it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
A word of caution - I actually painted the top part of the middle two vents matt black as they produced annoying reflections on the windscreen.
Reflect_Vents.jpg

The top image shows the effect I wanted to avoid and the middle one the result.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Im looking at fitting the bronze colour ones which I believe dont suffer from the reflections :cool:

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Completely off subject but I see you've got the new 9 speed auto, how do you find it and what HP is it mated to? I've got a new Malibu PVC with the new auto sat waiting for me in Germany, god only knows when I'll be able to collect it.

Hi

I picked my MH up just before lock down so ive only drove 14 miles so I cant help you much, I drove it Home from the dealership and thats where it has stayed on my driveway.
However I did drive it part Motorway and twisty country lanes, and it is as smooth gear change has ive ever experienced with an Auto box and every bit as smooth as my previous VW T6 with a 7 x speed DSG box probably smoother, mine is married to a 140 bhp which is fine and im happy with it although im sure the 160bhp and 180bhp will be better but perhaps less mpg.

RGDs CJ

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all

Has anyone attempted replacing the 4 x Airvents & Radio Surround for a different colour, Fiat do Silver & a Bronze colour kit which breaks up all the blackness on the dashboard.
Ive found a You tube video which is reasonable showing a dodge Ram van in the USA (Same Fiat van) but nothing else with more detail.

Thanks CJView attachment 383587
I notice that above the two cigar-type sockets on the left, you have a remote control. Please can you tell me what this remote controls? I ask because we have such a control supplied with all our manuals etc but we have no idea of its purpose.
Thanks.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I notice that above the two cigar-type sockets on the left, you have a remote control. Please can you tell me what this remote controls? I ask because we have such a control supplied with all our manuals etc but we have no idea of its purpose.
Thanks.
Probably the rear camera monitor.....

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Thanks.
Hi The remote is for the reversing Camera :giggle: pretty pointless i think :giggle:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Hi The remote is for the reversing Camera :giggle: pretty pointless i think :giggle:
Thanks for this. I agree it seems pretty pointless! I've wondered what that little remote was for for over 5 years.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Hi all

Thanks CJView attachment 383587
Yes I have. Didn’t use the Fiat ones but found some 3 party units via a google search. Really difficult to remove the existing but you just need to go against your instinct and pull like hell and eventually they pop out.
used silver and the look brilliant and make the dashboard less like a fiat van! In our A class no reflection on the windscreen at all. Bronze sounds neat and have bronze detailing on my car which sets it off well. Good luck, go for it. Be brave a pull!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have the bronze inserts in our 2015 Hymer. They were specced by the dealer. Must admit I do not think they add much to look of the dashboard because they are so dark that they sort of blend in with the black. I would not have bothered paying for them.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Well Ive managed it with brute force and some care lol :LOL: I must say having taken quite a few dashboards apart from other brands over the years the Fiat unlike other brands uses all the same size screws so no forgetting what screw goes where (y) to be fair all brands might do the same now ??
FYI I had to remove the radio and the LAP TOP holder and the gear stick surround to install the large decorative surround in the middle. Well pleased with the result (y):cool:
Its a pity Fiat dont allow you to spec your van how you want it before its made into a Motorhome. My VW panel van which was made into a Motorhome was fully specced by me before it was transformed. (y)
Dashboard Blacknnp.jpg

Standard Dash in Black
Dashboard Bronze.jpg

Bronze kit all installed, its called Lounge by Fiat

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Yes worth changing - well done. I misunderstood as I only changed the vent grills themselves - but still really happy with the results.

Yorkshire Puds

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2020 Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2002
Well Ive managed it with brute force and some care lol :LOL: I must say having taken quite a few dashboards apart from other brands over the years the Fiat unlike other brands uses all the same size screws so no forgetting what screw goes where (y) to be fair all brands might do the same now ??
FYI I had to remove the radio and the LAP TOP holder and the gear stick surround to install the large decorative surround in the middle. Well pleased with the result (y):cool:
Its a pity Fiat dont allow you to spec your van how you want it before its made into a Motorhome. My VW panel van which was made into a Motorhome was fully specced by me before it was transformed. (y)
View attachment 387969
Standard Dash in Black
View attachment 387970
Bronze kit all installed, its called Lounge by Fiat
Looking very nice. was the kit a genuine Fiat part? Or was it one of the kits from eBay? I ask as I may do the same to ours (when it ever arrives) But when I did something a few years ago to my old transit the fit from eBay wasn’t exceptional.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
C33JAY Been watching this thread with interest. I'm assuming from your post above that the silver trim just covers the basic black dashboard airvents?

I now just need to get up the courage to remove the silver ones mine came fitted with as I've got the same reflection problem.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Looking very nice. was the kit a genuine Fiat part? Or was it one of the kits from eBay? I ask as I may do the same to ours (when it ever arrives) But when I did something a few years ago to my old transit the fit from eBay wasn’t exceptional.

Thanks (y) and Yes a Genuine Fiat Part so the fit is as you would expect perfect like for like replacement (y) I ordered from Mopar / Fiat site on line it was the cheapest I could find (y) https://moparstore.co.uk/customer/a...b3JlLmNvLnVrL2N1c3RvbWVyL2FkZHJlc3MvaW5kZXgv/

Rgds CJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
C33JAY Been watching this thread with interest. I'm assuming from your post above that the silver trim just covers the basic black dashboard airvents?

I now just need to get up the courage to remove the silver ones mine came fitted with as I've got the same reflection problem.

These Fiat parts are not just covers they replace the black vents you see and the entire Vent mechanics behind what you see, so its a lot of plastic in boxes when ordered from Fiat.

Rgds CJ

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Remove, spray the colour you want, replace? Using the correct primer/paint for plastic will give you the same result as replacing the vents and more colour choice.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Sorry but it looks like you have been to the scrapyard because you needed replacements and they only had brown. But it’s your van and you have it how you like it. Save the black ones for when you sell it.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Remove, spray the colour you want, replace? Using the correct primer/paint for plastic will give you the same result as replacing the vents and more colour choice.
Indeed but I do happen too like this Fiat Colour so although a good idea and one I would of considered if this colour wasnt available.

Rgds CJ

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
C33JAY thanks.

Probably not written well in my earlier post as my question was more regarding the silver vent trims. If these silver trims are removed does it leave the black air vents as shown in your photo before fitting the lounge trim?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
C33JAY. Ignore my post as re-reading the entire thread I've realised you didn't start with the silver trims.

I'm still wondering if the silver vent trims are just a decorative cover on top of the original black dashboard vents? If anyone knows I would appreciate advice.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
C33JAY. Ignore my post as re-reading the entire thread I've realised you didn't start with the silver trims.

I'm still wondering if the silver vent trims are just a decorative cover on top of the original black dashboard vents? If anyone knows I would appreciate advice.
If they are anything like the bronze ones that are also offered as a factory fir extra they replace the black ones not on top of them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back