Ducato Cab Money Safe (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Firstly, I don't want to re-ignite the argument about do/do not install a safe. I want one! We have the boys' tablets and a laptop which would be a devastating loss because of their disabilities.

There seems to be three places where you can put one.

Under the driver seat, in the door pocket or somewhere else inside the bus.

The under seat location seems best because it can be accessed from the front or back depending on your choice. But they are pricey.

The door pocket option looks small and flimsy and it would be difficult to use without the entire world knowing where your safe is.

Elsewhere in the moho might be best, but try to find a secure place next to a chassis member?

Any ideas? And costs?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
One of these. Fit in the bottom of a cupboard and use nylock nuts though the back with the nuts inside. Screw wood screws through the base inside - sorted. It doesn't have to be bolted to the chassis.
What van is it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
On my works transit I made a safe under the drivers seat, I used a piece of 3mm aluminium chequer plate for the door and fitted a standard type shed door lock to it.
Didn't need sides or a back but they could be made ?

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
In my humble opinion, a drivers seat safe/box, simply for ease of access. I had a safe in the back of my VW T5, and it was a pain to get to. A safe concealed in the van might be also be advisable, but possibly difficult to install. Good luck!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back