Ducato 2009 Central Locking Question (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi all
I've checked on previous posts on the numerous central locking queries but can't seem to find what I'm looking for so thought I'd post this question (apologies if it has been covered!)

My Ducato has the central locking buttons to lock (flashes red) and unlock located centre dash.
I've noticed recently that if I lock the cab doors with the above dash button, it makes a locked sound and the locked button indicator flashes red.
However, occasionally after doing so and exiting the van via the Hab door (not linked to the central locking cab doors) then manually checking the cab door handle of the drivers door, I've found it unlocked.

If I locked the cab doors using the Fiat key fob (ignition key) using the lock button, the doors lock.

Anyone know why sometimes the inside dash locking button works and then doesn't - even though it sounds like it's locking and the indicator flashes that it's locked on the dash button?

There's obviously power to the dash button so doubt it's a fuse.

Someone mentioned they solved their central locking issues by checking wires under the seat - any ideas which wires?

Any other ideas?
Cheers!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Could it be when it doesn't work one of the doors wasn't fully closed? There will be a clunk and the indicators will flash - but very quickly, which is the sign it hasn't worked.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm pretty sure mine is the same Gav but I'm not convinced it's a fault so much as a feature or flaw? perhaps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Thanks Devon bee keeper & Techno - will take another look at this when I'm next at the van.
Fortunately, I had the milenco door locks on so nobody would have been able to open the door.
Thanks a lot

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I've just tried ours and when the dash button is pressed and lights up I can't open the cab doors from the outside.

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I'm going to keep an eye on it - whilst it's still under warranty!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back