Jan 30, 2011
west sussex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
10 year
Help i need to take out both front seats on our Fiat Ducato 2008
I believe four Torx bolts hold seats on swivel base, but i have 3 wires on each one appears to be an earth wire, fitted with a ring terminal,the other two don't appear to have any connectors to separate them for seat removal, that i can see, are they pre tensioner, and seat belt alarm, etc and do i cut them then rejoin when seats are back, then do i have any problems with fault codes Etc

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Help i need to take out both front seats on our Fiat Ducato 2008
I believe four Torx bolts hold seats on swivel base, but i have 3 wires on each one appears to be an earth wire, fitted with a ring terminal,the other two don't appear to have any connectors to separate them for seat removal, that i can see, are they pre tensioner, and seat belt alarm, etc and do i cut them then rejoin when seats are back, then do i have any problems with fault codes Etc

Cannot help much as our seats only have the seat belt warning wires connected and are plug ins..
BUT...
If you disconnect the cab battery before cutting any wires, do what you need to do, reconnect said wires and then put the battery back on line, the system will not even know anything has happened ( if you see what I mean )

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
IMG_0210.JPG
If u ring these they will know how to take your seats out they do it all the time and did our when we had it re covered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SOF

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
Norway
Funster No
MH
DUCATO 250 Self-build
Exp
Since 2012
The pre-tensioner is triggered by G Force in a crash, it is monitored by the air bag ECU.
A 3 seat Ducato has 3 of the pre tensioners and a driver side seat belt monitor only but an original 2 seat cab has 2 pre-tensioner monitors and 2 seat belt monitors.

If you take out the double seat and replace it with a single seat then you must also transfer the 2 pre-tensioners to the new single seat ( one pre-tensioner will be spare) to stop getting an AIR BAG alarm. I have done this and it works fine.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i did mine on a similar aged van and there are definitley connectors under there unless yours has been altered black and yellow if i recall
if you dissconnect with the ignition off you will not get a warning unless you switch it back on with them dissed
if your removing the seat complete with bases it just the front bolts to undo, the rears are on keyhole fixings you slide the seat back (forward?)and it unhooks
edit if you have a double seat there is no seperate base its all one piece

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back