• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Ducato 2008 handbrake extender (1 Viewer)

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Has anyone got a handbrake extender to fit a Ducato 2008 Hymer MH? I have looked at Rare Spares but it looks like a month for delivery. I could do with this asap. I've tried to phone Rare Spares to see if they have any in stock but they don't answer the phone. So if you have one lurking in the back of your garage I would be very interested in it.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I bought the Rare Spares model and couldn't get on with it..

It works like a 'fly off' handbrake..ie.. no button to press, you pull on it and it releases

sold it a while back ... perhaps try before you part company with cash

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I fitted the Kobran one to mine, took it off my earlier model, fitted fine but had to sand down the grip to get it to fit as it is slightly too small dia. for the later models. Only took me about 10 minutes to fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I was thinking of the Rare Spares one as the Kobran has to be modified and it doesn't look like it extends as much. I'm starting to wonder now after Scotjim said he couldn't get on with it. I'm 5ft 4ins and have to get right up to the dash as it is to reach the clutch. I find hill starts difficult when I'm having to bend so far to get the handbrake off. These are the only two options I've been able to find.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I was thinking of the Rare Spares one as the Kobran has to be modified and it doesn't look like it extends as much. I'm starting to wonder now after Scotjim said he couldn't get on with it. I'm 5ft 4ins and have to get right up to the dash as it is to reach the clutch. I find hill starts difficult when I'm having to bend so far to get the handbrake off. These are the only two options I've been able to find.

Didn't mean to put you off completely.. .. .. many others like the Rare Spares.. but it takes a bit of getting used to , so I am told.. .. maybe I was just impatient.. plus, I can reach the handbrake without the extension.. albeit a bit of a stretch ..

The downside of the Kobran is it can't be tilted down out of the way to allow the seat to swivel.. if you don't have swivel seat, then not a problem.. if you want to swivel then either have to use chocks on the wheels, or put it off while you turn the seat.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes I have the rare spares and it's fine once used to it.
The one fault is the rubber grip gradually slips forwards but this can be remedied by removing it and applying hair spray in the grip just like fitting handlebar grips.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Andy. I have read the delivery info. We're going away early April so there is a chance it won't arrive in time. I've tried phoning and phoning to ask if they have any in stock but they don't answer the phone and you can't leave a message. A message just says call back later. There doesn't seem to be any way to email them either.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for that Andy. I couldn't find the send a message page. I've sent a message now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back