Ducato 2007 engine management and airbag warning lights (1 Viewer)

Wild Oggie

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
Exp
Mid 70's
Hi all, considering a private purchase of a Ducato 2007 model, but have noticed the air bag warning plus engine management warning lights are on. present owner changed the passenger seat and said the warning lights came on then.
My concerns are
1. does the engine management symbol come on with the air bag fault light?
2. is an DIY reset feasable.
The van itself is in brilliant condition, drives well, (reverse gear judders a bit) the owner seems to be genuine but would just like to check these faults before committing.
Any advise would be appreciated

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds very much like the owner that changed the passenger seat didnt plug the wiring back in. if it was to change a double seat to a single, the system cant find the missing seatbelt. it needs to be rewired and is not a DIY job for most people. will also be an mot fail due to the fault light

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Shouldn't do, unless it's just a general light for anything, changing the front seat can do the airbag light and although not DIY is easy enough to put off providing that is the only thing putting it on, but it needs checking as it won't pass mot with it on and if it is something else can be very dear to fix

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If you are serious about this particular van why not suggest the seller gets it fixed before you complete. Then you'll see how 'genuine' he is.

Engine warning light should have nothing to do with the airbag light so there's probably something else - and that's a complete new thread (search engine management fault warning).

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
It really needs to be plugged in to a diagnostic computer.

"Engine" and warning lights come on for lots of reasons, some easy fixes some not so.

OP
OP
Wild Oggie

Wild Oggie

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
Exp
Mid 70's
Thanks guys will be careful

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you are thinking about doing it yourself.....remember to disconnect the battery first. if you dont, it could easily trigger the airbags if you get it wrong. expensive, messy and painful if they hit you

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Hi all, considering a private purchase of a Ducato 2007 model, but have noticed the air bag warning plus engine management warning lights are on. present owner changed the passenger seat and said the warning lights came on then.
My concerns are
1. does the engine management symbol come on with the air bag fault light?
2. is an DIY reset feasable.
The van itself is in brilliant condition, drives well, (reverse gear judders a bit) the owner seems to be genuine but would just like to check these faults before committing.
Any advise would be appreciated

I would suspect the guy is telling the truth, we had a citroen relay and the seat plug disengaged. Plugged it back in and the light extingquished. The light also alerts to seatbelt pre-tensioners.
I read a bit on SBMCC that you can fit a capacitor or something to get your problem solved.

This may not help OP but someone else can benifit i hope.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Seat belt lights are an MOT fail, recently had to scrap the wife's Honda as the ABS light caused a fail and the cost to diagnose and repair too high for the cars and our regular garage didn't want the job as it could easily turn into a real can or worms, so we part exd it for a new one. Pity really as the basic car was good in all other aspects other than being 16years old!!
Be careful and have the present owner fix the problem with a trusted garage before parting with your hard earned..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back