Ducato 2004/5 diesel leak! - Help finding fuel line part (1 Viewer)

Mar 13, 2020
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Hymer T575
Exp
Since 2007
Our motorhome has just been in for a replacement clutch and the garage spotted a fuel leak which has put paid to our planned holiday. The garage has tried their parts suppliers and have been told the part is obsolete. The motorhome, a Hymer, is a 55 plate so probably a 2004/5 base vehicle and is a 2.3 JTD. The part in question

MHFuelPart.jpg
bolts to the engine and has 2 attached pipes (left hand side but mainly hidden) supplying the engine and 2 push on feeds (right hand side, top one black and bottom one white-ish). The leak is from the lower male connector that has a hairline crack.

I can find plenty of offerings on Ebay of a similar part for the 2006-2010 model such as this one from genuinemotors with a part number of 504110763. However there are none for the 2002-2006 model and I have been unable to find a part number.

The later part seems very similar except that it appears to have an additional small connector for a leak off pipe.

Any help would be appreciated in finding a part or a part number. Alternatively is the part passive and simply a means of joining the pipes and securing them? Could they be joined some other way?

Thanks

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Have you tried coastal motorhomes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Try these guys https://www.van.eu.com/ always been helpful to me. They break vans I recently bought a 2.8tdi flywheel from them, not available from fiat, list price £600, got it for £60.

OP
OP
G
Mar 13, 2020
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Hymer T575
Exp
Since 2007
I’d be tempted to buy your listed item and then blank off the leak off pipe.
I had thought I might do that but I don't know what the leak off pipe does and how it connects within the fitting. Having felt around (I can't actually see it) the left hand side of the fitting there doesn't seem room for the leak off pipe connector so it might need taking off all together. Also maybe the other end of the two attached pipes may have changed between models. Maybe for the small cost I could order one in any case. Unfortunately though it isn't a job I could tackle and I don't know if the garage would be willing to give it a go and risk finishing up with an immobile motorhome.

OP
OP
G
Mar 13, 2020
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Hymer T575
Exp
Since 2007
The fuel line is now fixed :giggle: :giggle: I managed to find the actual part for my 2004/5 model. First thanks is to Coastal Motorhomes. A very helpful chap talked through with me the part I required and although they weren't able to supply it (he too said it was obsolete) he gave me the part number, 504023673. I Googled that and found a website, dutchengineparts.nl, that showed the part. A very helpful lady, Margreet, said they had two in their own stock and it was ordered and dispatched within half an hour and arrived via DHL next morning!!

The part for the 2005 model Part504023673.jpg is very different to that for the 2006-2010 model Available part.jpg
The connectors on the right appear to be the same but the rest of the plumbing is completely different.

Hopefully the above information might help someone with the same problem in the future. It seems that that little bit of plastic is very vulnerable when the gearbox is removed to replace the clutch!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Great to hear you have repaired it & good that you have posted the solution for us all.(y)Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Our motorhome has just been in for a replacement clutch and the garage spotted a fuel leak which has put paid to our planned holiday. The garage has tried their parts suppliers and have been told the part is obsolete. The motorhome, a Hymer, is a 55 plate so probably a 2004/5 base vehicle and is a 2.3 JTD. The part in question

View attachment 540987bolts to the engine and has 2 attached pipes (left hand side but mainly hidden) supplying the engine and 2 push on feeds (right hand side, top one black and bottom one white-ish). The leak is from the lower male connector that has a hairline crack.

I can find plenty of offerings on Ebay of a similar part for the 2006-2010 model such as this one from genuinemotors with a part number of 504110763. However there are none for the 2002-2006 model and I have been unable to find a part number.

The later part seems very similar except that it appears to have an additional small connector for a leak off pipe.

Any help would be appreciated in finding a part or a part number. Alternatively is the part passive and simply a means of joining the pipes and securing them? Could they be joined some other way?

Thanks
If its similar, just just fill the the hole of the small connector with epoxy resin, or heat the small pipe and press with pliers, then heat again and bend the tip over on it self, heat and squeeze with pliers again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back