LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Euramobile 2003 on a ducato base, problem is the lights the fuse that blows is for dash lights, all lights work except the dash lights and dip beam which make it hard driving in the dark. Any ideas please have disconected dipped lights befor the power booster and still blow its only a 5 amp fuse
Fuse blows as soon as the switched to side lights
Joe

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I would expect the fuse for the dipped beam (headlights) to be bigger than 5A - ie 2 x 55w is 9A
Is the dash lights and dipp on the same fuse?

May 28, 2016
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
since 2000
hi if i was you i would have a auto electrician check we had a lighting problem when reversing light came on on our van they were dimming he traced eventualy to a worn cable it also had been shorting a fuse just a thought.....Ian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
denisejoe

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
hi if i was you i would have a auto electrician check we had a lighting problem when reversing light came on on our van they were dimming he traced eventualy to a worn cable it also had been shorting a fuse just a thought.....Ian.

Have spoken to an auto electrician but as I'm on holiday next week he's asked me to call him when I get back to arrange a time for him to come and look at it. He's too busy this week.

May 28, 2016
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
since 2000
please be carefull dont try increasing your fuse rating as i stated before ours overheated and had blown especially if you are going on holiday i would still have some one qualified to have a look they can soon catch fire if shorting

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We had a 2007 Ducato with a similar issue. The dipped beam wouldn't work when the engine was running. It's probably not the same issue, but have you tried turning dipped beams on without the engine? If they come on, and then go off when you start it, then it's unfortunately almost certainly the bodywork computer. A reboot may then fix it but we ended up having it replaced at a significant cost. :(

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
We had a 2007 Ducato with a similar issue. The dipped beam wouldn't work when the engine was running. It's probably not the same issue, but have you tried turning dipped beams on without the engine? If they come on, and then go off when you start it, then it's unfortunately almost certainly the bodywork computer. A reboot may then fix it but we ended up having it replaced at a significant cost. :(

I have a 2004 Hymer/Ducato and have never come acrosss a 'bodywork computor' whilst sorting out muliple electrical problems over several years? It's just a 'bog standard' (non canbus) 12v dc system.

OP
OP
denisejoe

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I only have to turn ignition on and turn side lights on it blows the panel light then no dipped beam but all other lights work, unless it's 2 different problems last time it happened replaced fuse drove to Canterbury and back got within a mile of home and now just keeps blowing fuse

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back