• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Ducato 2002-2006 Double din dash panel. (1 Viewer)

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
As per title I am looking for a double din dashboard panel/ housing for the 2002-2006 Ducato (Relay, Boxer too)please. These were made as a replacement fit for the single din radio housing and dash top clip board. Have these if required to give to seller!

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Fiat Commercial sell them. They are designed for a specific Fiat head unit, so modification will be required if you want to fit your own.
The part number is 735305823, it's described as a 'container' on the parts system. Cost me £130 a couple of years ago...

Attachments

• IMG_2282.JPG
    IMG_2282.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2329.JPG
    IMG_2329.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2330.JPG
    IMG_2330.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2603.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
I
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Thank you for the reply kaasbroodje, I will make some enquiries. I had the Citroen part number but that is no longer available!
I take it you fitted your own head and if so was the mod involved ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Yes, hours spent researching, mostly reading Italian websites and watching YouTube for modification ideas.
Most head units are too deep to fit, even with the replacement housing. Mine doesn't have CD (to reduce depth) but is still a tight fit.
Chinese Android units aren't exactly double din either, they vary by a few mm, so fascia surrounds often won't fit.
I considered modifying (or duplicating) the housing with Fibreglass but eventually opted for Milliput and vinyl wrap, buying metal mounting brackets from Halfords.
It is a lot of work, but worth it imo.
The other option is to buy a single din unit with motorised screen...

OP
OP
I
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Mmmm i think I may end up making a conversion of the clip board base which though much more involved has the advantage that it can be made to suit. What holds me back is a question as to how good I could make the finished item and how it will blend in with the rest of the dashboard. I'd also need a second clipboard base too just in case it goes wrong and needs to be abandoned!
Still don't need it until next spring so time to play yet!

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Vinyl wrap is the solution, what you choose is down to personal preference.
Again, lots of YouTube tutorials to help you. Wrapping was actually the easiest part!

Amazon product ASIN B01B8EMR0M
Amazon product ASIN B011BM8AVQ
Plenty of Ducato being scrapped so picking up a replacement clipboard base should be easy if needed...

Go for it (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
thanks for the link.....I've never used a vinyl wrap before...last I used was sticky back plastic and it was never very malleable !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back