Ducato 2.8 jtd.2004.Red engine sign on dash. (1 Viewer)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
This thread has been an interesting read as my Fiat does exactly the same thing.... and does not have a turbo. Red Injector/engine light comes on when changing down gear, usually 5 to 4, sometimes 4 to 3, mostly when using engine to brake. I probably clean the injectors twice a year but must say it never totally resolves the problem. Its currently doing it fairly readily so need to investigate further. My van is reg 52 and not sure its got an OBD socket... any ideas?

HomerB564
On my last car there was a solenoid on the high pressure pump, common rail system, that deactivated the third piston to lower the fuel pressure on the overun. If it was sticky it didnt work, fuel pressure was seen as high and red lamp lit. Easy fix was to replace the O ring on the spindle, cost less than £5.
This was on a common rail citroen engine, 2002 build.
May not be the same as your van, similarity was only happening on the overun using engine for braking.

May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for all the tips and ideas. The investigation starts this w/e with the hunt for Mr OBD :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for all the tips and ideas. The investigation starts this w/e with the hunt for Mr OBD

2003 2.8 JTD and mines below steering column, just to right of bonnet release behind a plastic cover.
At first I didn`t think there was one as it was set back with other terminal blocks in front, but push them to one side and it was there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back