Ducato 1.9 diesel 1995 Dipstick length ? (1 Viewer)

Gtlooe

Free Member
Feb 23, 2014
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Exp
Since 2001
Please help - I would like to know the original length of the engine oil dipstick for my ducato as the very end is missing and there are no level guide marks on it. The engine is 1.9 diesel (no turbo) and it has a distinctive red ring / loop at the top. My garage and I have been looking for 8mths with no success. The existing dipstick just about reads the high oil level and it wasn't until I had it serviced that we could tell whether or not it had the correct amount of oil based upon fiat guide book. Fortunately not using / loosing any oil.

My garage can find me one or knock one up if we have the measurements or even a replacement from a scrapped engine. Scrap / breakers yards not Been helpful at all.

Thanks

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
find a dealer with a 1.9 ducato in and go for a visit measure the dip stick and then make a new one or ad on watt you need
but the thing that would be worrying me where is the end off your one:Eeek:
in the sump I wonder

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Please help - I would like to know the original length of the engine oil dipstick for my ducato as the very end is missing and there are no level guide marks on it. The engine is 1.9 diesel (no turbo) and it has a distinctive red ring / loop at the top. My garage and I have been looking for 8mths with no success. The existing dipstick just about reads the high oil level and it wasn't until I had it serviced that we could tell whether or not it had the correct amount of oil based upon fiat guide book. Fortunately not using / loosing any oil.

My garage can find me one or knock one up if we have the measurements or even a replacement from a scrapped engine. Scrap / breakers yards not Been helpful at all.

Thanks

if you PM leftlegger he has the same model 1.9 non-turbo perhaps he can help .If all else fails, from memory with filter change oil capacity 5.1Lt but I may be corrected :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
find a dealer with a 1.9 ducato in and go for a visit measure the dip stick and then make a new one or ad on watt you need
but the thing that would be worrying me where is the end off your one:Eeek:
in the sump I wonder

old school at its best Bill.....if you cant replace it, make it.
Most of todays motor 'technicians' wouldnt even think of doing that...never mind having the ability.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back