Ducato – PVC Radio/Camera options? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hi again – I’m planning to order a new 5.5m PVC at the NEC in October and will get it pre-wired for ‘stuff’ so that it doesn’t need pulling apart and risking warranty … not sure what to do about the radio though. Should I just bite the bullet and let the Dealer fit one, if so which one? Am I better with a separate reversing camera screen, or one built in to the radio? I’m liable to want a half decent radio so that I can play music from my laptop/phone. Any thoughts and recommendations? Thanks.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Most dealers will throw a decent DAB radio in with the deal.
Personally I think a separate monitor is best as I like to keep mine on all the time, and you can put the monitor higher up than the radio meaning that you don't need to look down as far.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Most dealers will throw a decent DAB radio in with the deal.
Personally I think a separate monitor is best as I like to keep mine on all the time, and you can put the monitor higher up than the radio meaning that you don't need to look down as far.

This is going to get tricky, I want cheap extras, 20% off the price AND a free radio :eek: ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2016
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I actually have a separate system for split rear view/reversing clipped to the useless rear view mirror and the Pioneer system as well - best of both worlds.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Much more important than the radio is a decent DAB aerial. If fitted now you won't need an inferior bodge later.

Link Removed

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I'm in the same boat, the dealer will fit one for £300 or do I get it done cheaper from Halfords. I didn't notice there wasn't a radio until after I'd paid the deposit. You win some you lose some.
Mickey

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
This is going to get tricky, I want cheap extras, 20% off the price AND a free radio :eek: ;)
Sounds spot on to me.:xgrin: I got the 20% but failed on the radio on the new van but I did get a trade of nearly what I paid for the current van so anything is possible.

I have a Clarion double din unit that the reversing cameras feed into, I will be changing it to the new van.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Lenny, where did you buy your radio and did they fit it?.
Mickey.
Brought it online from ARS24 a big German retailer over a 100 quid cheaper than the UK it is a NE502X with dab, it was a couple of years ago so it has been superceeded, it has the IGO Primo satnav.
I fitted it myself.

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Thanks Lenny, my motorhome is only pre wired for a radio so I would need it fitted. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer letting me know what's on offer. What I'd really like to know, if I bought and had a radio fitted by Halfords, would it void any warranty?. Appreciate any advice.
Mickey.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Don't see why it should effect the warranty I fit all sorts of things myself without any problems but I never buy from UK dealers.
I wired my stereo into the leisure battery as the double din units draw a couple of amps. My mate had a low engine battery on his Carthago after accidentally left his on for over 24 hours.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back