Dual Gaslow system or Fit Permanent Vapour Tank. (1 Viewer)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi All,

I have a dilemma.

Replace the long "torpedo" shaped LPG tank that feeds all the appliances (Warm Air/Hot Water/Oven and Fridge) or go down the Gaslow route.

The Gaslow's would be arranged as a pair.

Can you get level meters (remote) for them ?Does the t connector have to have a non-return valve in it?Do they do an auto changeover?

Many thanks for any Pros and Cons you might have.:thumb:

Steve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Replace the tank would be cheaper I would think even though I have a vested interest being a Gaslow stockist:cry:

Peter
Cheers Peter...But would it be my best option?Are there benefits going the gaslow route?I was thinking of removing the on-board genny and utilising the space for the bottles.

A 40 litre vapour tank is approx £250 +vat and del?

Do american RV's require a different gas pressure Reg?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, its usually possible to fit any type of regulator to the tank. look on your cooker or something there is probably a sticker stating the working pressure. i prefer to fill my own bottles .cant see the cost of gaslow to be an advantage.you would still need the correct regulator to use them. alan

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
hi, its usually possible to fit any type of regulator to the tank. look on your cooker or something there is probably a sticker stating the working pressure. i prefer to fill my own bottles .cant see the cost of gaslow to be an advantage.you would still need the correct regulator to use them. alan

Cheers Alan.

Looks like it'll be a replacement under the chassis then.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
I would proberbly go down the under slung tank, (can you not fit something a little bigger say 60 ltr - Gaslow would give 44ltr)

I had the same dilema and went the other way and have had problems with the gaslow leaking as a result of vibrating whilst driving.

The other advantage of a vapour tank is you will free up space for storage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Cheers Blisters...

Didn't realise there could be problems with the Gaslows.

Do you disconnect yours to fill?

I was looking for a "permanently" plumbed is solution with them.

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
Replace the long "torpedo" shaped LPG tank that feeds all the appliances (Warm Air/Hot Water/Oven and Fridge) or go down the Gaslow route.

My next project is to add either a permanent LPG tank or a pair of Gaslows. The advantage I can see with the latter is being able to transfer them easily to a new mobee when the time comes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back