Free Member
Jul 29, 2019
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie ex caravan
Evening all, the carpet liner in our campervan has dropped. The area dropped isnt touching any sides and wondered if anyone can give advice re re-fixing. Don't really want to cut it to re glue. Have found a youtube video using a syringe to put glue in place but at a loss as to what glue to use through syringe, supposidly you can use thinners but then wait longer for it to evaporate but can't find a contact adhesive that will go through a 16 guage needle. Any advice gratefully received.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think you will have to take it down and refit, it you use a syringe you will not be able to get the glue to spread evenly and it will end up lumpy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
You may have to pull the liner away from one side spray roof & felt with carpet adhesive, leave to get tacky then push back into place using a wallpaper roller to push out any imperfections or lumpy bits.

Before the days of aerosol type adhesives, I remember lining a van out with that grey felt stuff years ago. I used contact adhesive so spread it evenly on the van walls and wheel arches etc, then applied a coat to the back of the grey felt,(horrible job to do) you had to be quick and accurate using a wallpaper roller & nylon mallet to stretch the felt when needed.
I also remember being so light headed and falling out the rear doors of the van as I was overwhelmed by the glue fumes. Felt really bad all night, with a massive headache going on.
That was before the kids started glue sniffing, I could never understand how they could get any pleasure from doing that.
Good luck, I am sure if you take it steady, it will work out just fine.

Les

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back