droping by for a Dump (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Was thinking mabe with so many funsters wild camping sume times its hard tofind sumwhare to get water so a simpile list of funsters willing to let other funsters dump in thare drane and replenish thare water.
what do you think i dont mind just a PM or text alert to find out if it's ok to drop by for a dump and sum water
bill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Was thinking mabe with so many funsters wild camping sume times its hard tofind sumwhare to get water so a simpile list of funsters willing to let other funsters dump in thare drane and replenish thare water.
what do you think i dont mind just a PM or text alert to find out if it's ok to drop by for a dump and sum water
bill
Good idea Bill, but not sure about having a dump in my drain :eek:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I don't mind supplying water, but we don't have easy access to our drain. We have a cesspit in the field at the back of the house. Ok if you have a very long sewer pipe/ hose though.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Its a good idea Bill and i for one would be prepated to let another funster fill up with water and empty out subject of course to prior notice.
Perhaps @Jim could set up a resource which could be sorted by town/county?

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Great idea Bill. I've not got a drain for waste but no problem with water.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
As about half of those that reply to grey water threads seem to endorse grey water dribbling, this idea is not for me, sounds mean maybe, but why would I take the risk of the mess on my drive o_O

dread to think how badly they might leave the manhole black waste area :(

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No problem supplying water but it would require a 20mt hose.

I don't have a drive-over grey water dump drain or elsan point in the drive.. nor a manhole giving access to the sewage drain.. (I dispose of that at the last stopping point before going home).. and I'm not offering my indoor toilet for dumping toilet cassettes

Bear in mind.. if you are offering back and grey water disposal it has to be into the sewage drain.. not surface water..

Public liability insurance ?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No problem supplying water but it would require a 20mt hose.

I don't have a drive-over grey water dump drain or elsan point in the drive.. nor a manhole giving access to the sewage drain.. (I dispose of that at the last stopping point before going home).. and I'm not offering my indoor toilet for dumping toilet cassettes

Bear in mind.. if you are offering back and grey water disposal it has to be into the sewage drain.. not surface water..

Public liability insurance ?
Public liability insurance is normally a standard component of all Homeowners Contents insurance

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
(1) if you have good asses and willing to do it at ther own risk i ce)rtanly would if i had a full casset and neaded sumware to dump
(2 only if ther was good asses i may have had a bit of a brane fart with ths one
even i dont dump my caset down the toilet and i see elf and safety has crept in it is not a comerchal servic just being frendly or is that gowing to have to be insuerd as well now.
i would not think that this was for everyone ther are floks who wouldent want strangers turning up at ther door with ther old new or big white boxes to dump ther shite down ther drane
come to think of it wold i want my shite to mix with sume of the rifraf out thare me being a simpel comener
mybe it isent such a good idea after all
i am off to see wats hapening on the dark side

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Could I suggest using Google Maps to produce a list of 'hosts'?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Great idea Bill, I'm in, I have a water tap out front and when I had to replace some sewer pipes I fitted a dump point, can't accept grey waste very easily but no problem with the black stuff.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I have manhole access at the front for sewer so no probs with toilet cassette. Grey would have to be bucketed but no worse than many aires.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I have water on long hose (not food grade though) and have a manhole cover which I empty the cassette and grey water(via a bucket) but parking is on the road only (a quiet residential road) but am happy for anyone to share my facilities. Need to allow plenty of time though as apparently I can bore for England where a Motorhome is involved.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I could let people have water but dumping of either colour waste would be awkward. I do have a manhole which I assume is to the sewer but it's not accessible by a vehicle.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I would love to see something like this. A Funster Network of drives you can camp on for a night, empty tanks and take on some water. Attempts in the past have stumbled on how to keep the list. Suddenly people go off the idea of having their name address and email in a (relatively) public space. It doesn't worry me, it doesn't worry the tens of thousands of people who offer B&B, but it seems many members are reluctant to go public with their details and you can of course understand that but it does mean that it's difficult to get the numbers to a meaningful level.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I would love to see something like this.A Funster Network of drives you can camp on for a night, empty tanks and take on some water.

as you probably know Jim, the MCC have a scheme like this called 'Safe Knights' ..

not being a member of the MCC don't know how it operates..

does anyone else ?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm not sure I like that idea.

If it was Fun based and the list consisted of nothing more than a user name and approximate location it could work.

That way initial contact would have to be via PM and would at least restrict it to subscribers and would give those that want it the opportunity to filter out anyone they weren't comfortable with.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We had funsters house sitting on our drive for a month so no problems offering water/grey/black facilities to anyone in need.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
it could be caled sleep safe and if the partisapents contact by @Willdbill the the profil page has the town and a pm to contact them for addres and mobil no would work with a reganal list of paticepents
bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
maybe any on who want to do it has a D for dump or sumthing like that on ther profile pick just like the blog B or funster sleep over
BILL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Looking like it's dead in the water then this idea.
Bill

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Looking like it's dead in the water then this idea.
Bill
I think it's a great idea Bill.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that our drain is shared with our neighbour, I wouldn't be able to offer either colour dumping but would happily supply fresh water to any visiting Funster.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I think it's a great idea Bill.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that our drain is shared with our neighbour, I wouldn't be able to offer either colour dumping but would happily supply fresh water to any visiting Funster.
I think it would work as a a group any one interested ads there name to the groups list a simple pm before arival would be fine by me but if we man is siting on the step he has Ben sent out to play for a reason ;)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So is this dead in the water i wonder
bill