Dropdown bed blowing fuse (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2018
North Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 486
Exp
since 2018
We have a Benimar Tessoro 486 with a dropdown bed. Nearly every trip we've been on the fuse blows and we have to replace it. It is quite a pain because at first it blew while the bed was in the low position, consequently we had to manually crank it up far enough until we could access the fuse box which is tucked away rather awkwardly next to the combi boiler - (it would help if my husband has child sized hands) any way once we can access it we replace fuse (20 amp) as per instructions, and all ok. Anyone else got similar problems ? I wonder what causes this, I would have mentioned this when habitation check is done, but it was cancelled this year because of Covid.

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
A lot of the problems with these beds are caused by operator erroršŸ˜­. Hang on to the button or key too long against the ā€˜stopā€™ and it will blow the fuse.šŸ˜±

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
We have what I think is a slow blow fuse in the switch. We were told that if it blew, to put in a slightly stronger fuse.

Axelfoley

Free Member
Aug 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benemar tessoro 463
We have a Benimar Tessoro 486 with a dropdown bed. Nearly every trip we've been on the fuse blows and we have to replace it. It is quite a pain because at first it blew while the bed was in the low position, consequently we had to manually crank it up far enough until we could access the fuse box which is tucked away rather awkwardly next to the combi boiler - (it would help if my husband has child sized hands) any way once we can access it we replace fuse (20 amp) as per instructions, and all ok. Anyone else got similar problems ? I wonder what causes this, I would have mentioned this when habitation check is done, but it was cancelled this year because of Covid.
We have a benemar tessoro 463 and the bed suddenly stopped working.This happened once before and we took it to the repair shop and they replaced a fuse and it was fine until now. I have checked all the fuses and none are blown. However the manual doesnā€™t specify which fuse controls the bed . The lights on the underside of the bed donā€™t work now either so I have assumed it is fuse 5 and that that fuse controls both the lights and the bed function. However replacing that fuse doesnā€™t fix either the lights or the bed. Any ideas? Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Have blown 1 fuse soon after we got the 202. I managed it by raising the bed to high.
Little piece of masking tap with a max height Mark in pencil by the door, also lay your bedding and pillows as flat as possible.
There is an adjustable stopper on one of the channels for the lowest height that may need checking.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
This happened to a Dutch lad the other year in Portugal cant remember what make of van but it was new,it turned out he had a cut in the wire, which was being trapped when moving the bed up n down. Worth check all the wiring carefully as his was a very small nick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back