Drop down bed and lounge (1 Viewer)

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We had a MH with drop down bed over lounge. Great till you want to go to bed at different times. Could sit in cab seats but not really comfortable.
Now have a B544 Hymer. much better with bed over cab and still have a large lounge area.

Feb 21, 2021
Falkirk Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 2021
Tentatively looking for a slightly bigger motorhome than the PVC we have just for the two of us, after looking at various options we feel a front drop down with a rear lounge or front lounge under the drop down makes the best use of available space. We had a look at Benimar, Autotrail and Swift yesterday and they all do versions of this arrangement. Benimar was the best with a very big front drop down over the lounge, and rear kitchen and toilet with loads of cupboard space but just felt a bit to plasticky for me. what else is out there?
Does anyone make a PVC with a drop down bed?
We purchased the Pilote 626D Evidence it's only 6.2m long with ample space for seating. Boot is also a bonus for storage.
The bed goes down onto the seating and is huge also no ladders required to get in.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have the same model and we love it. We downsized but we aren't missing any extra space at all. We like the fact that the MH is smaller as it's easier to drive and park. It's also 3500kg, which is a bonus for us.

I agree about the captains chairs being comfortable, for watching TV.
You must travel light to keep it below 3500kg! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back