Drontal Worming tablets on offer & cheap pet prescription meds (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just bought some Propalin syrup for Romy from AnimedDirect and in order to make the order up to get free delivery I decided to get some Drontal worming tablets in readiness for next year's holidays and got a nice surprise! Whilst Animed are the cheapest place to buy the Propalin and Drontal tablets from anyway I noticed that if I bought 2 or more Drontal tablets I got 25% off the cost of all Drontal tablets, so instead of £1.69 each they've come out at £1.27 each!!! Bargain!!!

Animed obviously do other items for dogs, cats and other pets, so if you need other items check them out first.

I'd also recommend that if you have to buy any prescription meds you look on-line for them rather than automatically buying them from your vet as you can save a LOT of money doing so ... eg Romy needs Propalin Syrup for her 'weak bladder' issue but it's a prescription only item and I could have bought her 100ml bottle from the vet at a cost of £50 :eek: but instead I got a prescription from the vet which cost £8.05 and bought the Propalin online for £21.22 making a total cost of the same thing of £29.27, saving over £20.00! :Grin:

Deleted User
We get Boston's meds via prescription from Chemist. Saved an absolute fortune compared to vet prices. Two are human meds anyway so easy to get but I was amazed at difference in price we were paying £100 for 3 months omeprazole at vet, chemist is £20. Overall went from £350 every three months to about £100 plus £30 for prescription costs.
Unfortunately currently her epilepsy meds (human) have shot through the roof due to supplier stopping production so 20 days worth has gone from £5 to £65. I dread to think what the vets would be charging.

Lin :)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Do these Drontal tablets time expire? I assume vets in the EU will recognise these tablets as being suitable and stamp the passport after the appropriate checks? Sure they will be MG but nice to have it in black and white. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do these Drontal tablets time expire? I assume vets in the EU will recognise these tablets as being suitable and stamp the passport after the appropriate checks? Sure they will be MG but nice to have it in black and white. :)
Yes the tables have an expiry but it is a long one ... I bought some in March this year and the expiry on them was October 2019, plenty of time to use them. Vets do recognise them as they have the key ingredient 'praziquantel' in which is required for the pet passport scheme so no issues at all, they are also cheaper than buying them at the vet abroad and I've not had any that have refused to use them, so I only get charged for the consultation. (y)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Yes the tables have an expiry but it is a long one ... I bought some in March this year and the expiry on them was October 2019, plenty of time to use them. Vets do recognise them as they have the key ingredient 'praziquantel' in which is required for the pet passport scheme so no issues at all, they are also cheaper than buying them at the vet abroad and I've not had any that have refused to use them, so I only get charged for the consultation. (y)
Thanks MG that's the kind of assurance I was looking for :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back