Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Open Category

The Open Category is for what are considered low-risk flights and will apply to the type of consumer drones the majority of amateur drone pilots use. The category is split into three subsections based on the weight of the drone and the distance it can be flown from people. The subcategories are A1, A2 and A3.

In the A1 category, drones weighing up to 250g can be flown over people but not crowds, as long as the aircraft is 50m away from people. For drones weighing between 250g and 900g, there can be no flight above people unless you hold one of the drone qualifications such as a PfCO, A2CofC or CVC. For current PfCO holders, when they renew their permissions after 31 December the qualification will become an Operational Authorisation.

In the A2 category, lighter weight drones will be able to be flown as close as 30m horizontally from people uninvolved in the drone flight, or as little as 5m when flown in a low-speed mode if you have a qualification.

The A3 category relates to large professional drones weighing up to 25kg and wouldn’t be relevant to people flying consumer drones. This category requires a separation distance from people and buildings of 150m.

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Under 250 grams it’s not 50 meters that’s up till December 20 no min distance but do not endanger or break privacy rules

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
It appears that most have missed the obvious objection and that is Social Media and so many people are transfixed with posting on Social Media for financial benefit along with the pure insensitiveness of not even considering the privacy of people who’s image or possessions they have captured on the Drone camera are then posted on the Web for all and sundry to see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
I find it funny when people put one on the floor, get all excited...then read the instructions and realise they do not have the talent to fly it 🤣
The other week we were at llanberis and the police arrested a guy flying a drone over the castle, we had to move off the narrow path to allow them to pass, apparently it's illegal to fly them there
My partner is terrified of them as her friend was struck by one and died from the injuries, she will hide if she hears one but that was a freak accident, I go to numerous places that drones are banned at but still people try to fly 🤷‍♂️ and I have had to help evict them from the venue and they just dont get it...
It dont matter about rules, regulations or licences......some people do the right thing, some dont........that's the world we live in

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
What happens whe the toilet roll hits the drone then the drone hits a a child very irresponsible
Thought they were all at School at the moment

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I fly a drone for my photograph hobby, shooting my registered drone down would end them up in court for more than one misdemea

i fly a registered drone as an add on to my photography hobby, anyone shooting it down would end up reported to the authorities and could end up in court.
Another point is that it against the law to talk to or distract the pilot of a drone whilst he is operating the drone, whether he is flying legally or not

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Nobody has objected about Google Earth, filming your street, your house, your car, your garden etc. People think that is good technology. Where is your privacy now? Yet someone with a drone is vilified if they just own one. For the record I don’t own one, but perhaps may buy one for aerial photography, but not people.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Nobody has objected about Google Earth, filming your street, your house, your car, your garden etc. People think that is good technology. Where is your privacy now? Yet someone with a drone is vilified if they just own one. For the record I don’t own one, but perhaps may buy one for aerial photography, but not people.
Not sure if this link will work but it shows 2 people objecting about Google maps filming their houses

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Yesterday evening one of our VW Camper brethren decide to fly his Drone ( not a small one ) from his camper and proceeded to fly it over the camp site. Take off and landing was within 15 ft of 2 other units with people sat outside them and whilst he was having fun buzzing the site his pet Alsatian dog decide to wonder off past my van off site into the road. I whistled it back and it eventually heeded me without getting killed.
The owner was pissed off that I disturbed his flying by calling him to collect his dog.
Bearing in mind that the new rules are that a Drone cannot be flown within 50m of any person and a 150m of any person on recreational land and the fact that he didn’t have his dog under any form of control, is this more evidence of a new breed of campervan owner who doesn’t give a f@ck. ?🤨
Probably running an Instagram or You Tube channel, monetising the life out of what for most is a peaceful pastime.

Wild Oggie

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
Exp
Mid 70's
I find it funny when people put one on the floor, get all excited...then read the instructions and realise they do not have the talent to fly it 🤣
The other week we were at llanberis and the police arrested a guy flying a drone over the castle, we had to move off the narrow path to allow them to pass, apparently it's illegal to fly them there
My partner is terrified of them as her friend was struck by one and died from the injuries, she will hide if she hears one but that was a freak accident, I go to numerous places that drones are banned at but still people try to fly 🤷‍♂️ and I have had to help evict them from the venue and they just dont get it...
It dont matter about rules, regulations or licences......some people do the right thing, some dont........that's the world we live in

I think you miight mean Gwrych Castle at Abergele?Temporary Flying restrictions were put in place whilst filming took place of i'm a celebrity get me out of here.

All the CAA registered drone flyers I know (including myself) are responsible people, who carefully and fully consider other People and locations before launching.

NMRW (national monuments Wales) plus English heritage etc do not allow drones to be launched from the actual site, saying that, by law you can launch elsewhere (if legal) and fly over said monuments etc if you ar following the drone code for your particular drone.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I think you mean Gwrych Castle at Abergele. Temporary Flying restrictions were put in place whilst filming took place of i'm a celebrity get me out of here.

All the CAA registered drone flyers I know (including myself) are responsible people, who carefully and fully consider other People and locations before launching
Totally agree, once again the 90/10 rule applies, trouble is that the media concentrate on trhe10% because they make headlines, and also the 90% are being sensible and observing the rules / laws / and applying common sense :giggle:
BTW, Our son has a full commercial licence as he needs to use a drone in his job at times, and any breach of the laws would result in him losing his job.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I think you'll find many people have objected to Google Earth.
Not everyone thinks its 'good technology.
But it's undeniably useful.
And Google does obscure identity.

So I don't believe its comparable.

Wild Oggie

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
Exp
Mid 70's
Must of been doing something well dodgy to be arrested and taken away by the police.
There are no restrictions near Llanberis, just ground warnings for electricity cables

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-133855.jpg
    Screenshot_20210617-133855.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 10

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Lots of drone users now getting concerned on here! For myself I have no objections if they stick to the rules/law like anything else in life and don’t cause me a nuisance or be illegally intrusive.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Must of been doing something well dodgy to be arrested and taken away by the police.
There are no restrictions near Llanberis, just ground warnings for electricity cables
Sign there says no drone flying, obviously someone was having a bad day and reported him 🤷‍♂️
I have noticed since last year the appearance of more 'no drone flying' signs and also a lot of events/venues have added it to their terms of entry.

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Problem is, people who object, don’t know the law of drone flying, but generally feel they should just object.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
NMRW (national monuments Wales) plus English heritage etc do not allow drones to be launched from the actual site, saying that, by law you can launch elsewhere (if legal) and fly over said monuments etc if you ar following the drone code for your particular drone.
Exactly so - landowners or leaseholders/occupiers/tenants etc do not own or have any rights over the airspace above their land which is in the control of the CAA, other than probably MOD sites, Porton Down etc. The ceiling for drones is 120 metres to avoid risk to other aircraft but obviously there is a lower limit depending on the circumstances i.e. Nil if the landowner employs you or gives permission etc

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I have asked HRH to cross off the Drone from my birthday pressy list.:cry:

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Getting back to the OP. He’s complaining about an anti-social act by a fellow camper, regardless of the law. Some people are very selfish about their behaviour so long as they get what they want with little or no thought to the effects on others.
Radio or tv noise, generators, loud exhausts, parties that go on late etc etc. Not only on sites but in general life.

Lack of respect and thinking of others seems not to have been taught by parents in recent a years/decades

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Getting back to the OP. He’s complaining about an anti-social act by a fellow camper, regardless of the law. Some people are very selfish about their behaviour so long as they get what they want with little or no thought to the effects on others.
Radio or tv noise, generators, loud exhausts, parties that go on late etc etc. Not only on sites but in general life.

Lack of respect and thinking of others seems not to have been taught by parents in recent a years/decades
I wonder to what extent this has been brought on by the general deterioration in law and order, the lack of adequate sentencing for what many of us think are serious crimes, different protesting groups getting different treatment by the police, travellers being ignored by police who fail to act on their criminal law breaking because they can't intervene in their civil law breaking, youths carrying knives, illegal immigrants getting favourable treatment compared to indigenous homeless etc, asian men grooming and raping white children because they believe its their right, reduced police numbers, everyone now expecting their human rights to be able to do and behave how they want etc etc.

Television, radio, the internet and social media are all contributors to this as they publicise everything and the largely impotent police are shown to be ineffective. Most crimes are deemed to be too low value and get ignored and those that are are often seen to take years to be resolved or not as the case may be. Spammers and Fraudsters on the internet appear to be able to conduct their affairs without hindrance and the odds on getting away with anything must be pretty high!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Problem is, people who object, don’t know the law of drone flying, but generally feel they should just object.
I don’t need to know the law of drone flying to know I don’t like it. I don’t want to be filmed and I don’t want to hear them. It’s not against the law to run a generator, but I also know I don’t like when people do it. I try to not annoy others, and just want others to not annoy me. If people flew drones, when they didn’t effect others we wouldn’t know drones existed, and wouldn’t complain about them.

I understand that not every drone flyer is guilty of this, but clearly some are.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
I don’t need to know the law of drone flying to know I don’t like it. I don’t want to be filmed and I don’t want to hear them. It’s not against the law to run a generator, but I also know I don’t like when people do it. I try to not annoy others, and just want others to not annoy me. If people flew drones, when they didn’t effect others we wouldn’t know drones existed, and wouldn’t complain about them.

I understand that not every drone flyer is guilty of this, but clearly some are.
I would not want to pitch next to you, you sound a boring old fart.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Rule 1 Guys - Be Nice!

Join us or log in to post a reply.