Drones on site (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail F70
It is also illegal to fly on land that you do not own without the owners consent, with various distance and height regulations.
It's fly "from" not over, the landowner does not own the airspace. It's trespass not illegal to fly from (without permission) unless it's a Govt area ( I think). It's illegal to fly where a NOTAM or NFZ is declared.

I don't wish to appear pedantic but the rules are quite specific and I'd hate for them to be misinterpreted on such a fine forum as this.

To clear up any misunderstanding on the 249 gram (or less) drones (known as C0 class), if fitted with a camera then you are required to place your operator's code on the UAV, you do not have the restrictions on proximity that heavier drones have EXCEPT that the rules about flying over an assembly of people - is forbidden, which neatly brings us back to the antics at Stratford which were completely out of order - unless the operator had CAA specific permission and even then its really really silly.

Once you have a heavier drone and it's considered to be in the A2 C class (and at the moment most of the normal leisure drones are in a sub class of this called "legacy") if you have the qualifications you are permitted no closer than 50m cylindrically from uninvolved people - (ie: those who have no given clear prior permission to be filmed by your UAV) - of note here is the concept of cylindrically - where the height in altitude does not affect the horizontal distancing so if you are 50m up you still have to be 50m away. When Class C drones are introduced (none exist yet) and assuming you have the correct qualifications - you may approach uninvolved people up to 30m and closer if you are in a very slow <6m ps mode)

If you have no qualifications your +249 gram drone is automatically put into the Open Category as a A3 and 150 metres separation from buildings etc and NO uninvolved people in the flight area is mandatory.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Erm............no?
It was a light hearted comment implying that it wasn’t the dog that should be shot but the owner. But hey ho. Difficult to be humorous texting. 👍

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
I hate the buzzy things, piece and quiet in wonderful places listening to wildlife, trees moving gently in the breeze, birdsong and and as I am Welsh sheep then here comes the bloody buzz high pitched unnatural and unwanted . much the same as other peoples poorly behaved kids and dogs
You Welsh have a certain reputation with sheep - is that legal :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I was on a site with the usual “dogs must be kept on lead at all times” rule/ We had one of those cables which attach tot screw into he ground spike to keep my own dog under control and away from the people as I appreciate some people do not like dogs. Anyway, my neighbour had two large dogs, ours a beagle which regards althings on legs as a friend. The owners wife had taken their dogs for a walk off site while my dog was being friendly to the man. The wife arrived with their dogs, off lead, which bounded up to the man frightening my dog who responded by going for one of their dogs (as a defence?). All of this while mine was on a lead, theirs off. One of their dogs had a slight bite on the ear from mine to which the owners wife responded by saying I should get a muzzle. I did apologise that it had happened but I am afraid I try not to escalate things by keeping quiet in such events. My point is it is very unfair on responsible owners who clean up and walk their dogs on lead on a site with children and those who are afraid of dogs to find some regard all rules as a challenge. So please if you are reading this may I appeal to you if you have a dog on a camp site, keeping it under control on a lead does apply to you at all times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
If a drone conks out and crashes into my garden, is it legal to forbid the owner entry into my garden to retrieve the drone?

Or, if it is hovering twenty foot above me in my garden, can I throw rocks at it?

Or, is there a list of licensed drone users' addresses, so I can go round with a ladder and peer in through their windows?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
If a drone conks out and crashes into my garden, is it legal to forbid the owner entry into my garden to retrieve the drone?

Or, if it is hovering twenty foot above me in my garden, can I throw rocks at it?

Or, is there a list of licensed drone users' addresses, so I can go round with a ladder and peer in through their windows?

All the above highly improbable, ............ next please. :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back