Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Have had a spill on my bike recently breaking arm and collar bone,as its the first time Ive had any time off work would like to do my converlesing somewhere warmer,what is the law on driving as its my right arm, and my burstner is automatic I dont think it would be a problem :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
people drive with one arm .some with no legs. i know of a bus driver with no legs. i drive with both legs in calipers and drive hgv. so make your choice .i also drive m,cycles. remember we dont make the rules we just try not to break them. souds like spain is calling you?cheers alan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No reason not to drive with a cast Provided you can reach and operate all the controls in a safe and controled manner, that includes the handbrake without letting go the steering wheel
if not, you are in danger of being pulled up, prosecuted and prevented from carrying on your journey:Doh:
Most people with relevant disabilities have an adaption of some sort to facilitate the driving of a motor vehicle
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
saw a guy years ago at the IOM TT with a full pot on his left leg.

riding a bike with a bracket on the front downtube to rest his leg on.

gear lever extended to tank level so operated by hand.

he had no probs with the island police.

never saw the results of stopping and falling over to the left though:ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
There are two things you need to be aware of:

a) You will need to inform your insurance company because if you have an accident and havent informed them, they might not pay out.

b) You will need to contact the DVLA medical branch. They should not have a problem as it is temporary, albeit temporary, you need to let them know.

Once you have done that, go for it xxxxxxxxxxxx have a great time, make the most of not having to work xxxxxxxxxx

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
I would check with the Spanish law first before coming here i think i could be a problem,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
don't think you should risk it Kickstart...get somebody to drive you down, pay for them a cheap flight back...sorted! What time do you want me to pick you up?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back