Driving RV's (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as others have said, its not the length...you soon get used to it...

the width can be a bit of a problem but the hardest thing for me is the drivers seat is on the wrong bloody side.

windscreen 'markers' do help and a MHF window sticker takes care of the curb distance and the windscreen divider bar takes care of the white line, but you need to keep an eye on both at all times.
so easy to drift across to the wrong lane.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
as others have said, its not the length...you soon get used to it...

the width can be a bit of a problem but the hardest thing for me is the drivers seat is on the wrong bloody side.

windscreen 'markers' do help and a MHF window sticker takes care of the curb distance and the windscreen divider bar takes care of the white line, but you need to keep an eye on both at all times.
so easy to drift across to the wrong lane.

Yes I think that would be a problem for me too. When I hire abroad I am forever bashing my left arm against the drivers door to change gear, and I feel awkward reversing for some reason.

I guess the real benefits though are when you arrive. The space is stunning.

My van isn't tiny but it does feel claustrophobic with 4 of us in it. Roll on the summer!

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Left arm bashing, not with an RV, they are auto's, point and shoot (carefully):Doh::ROFLMAO:

You do all the driving on the mirrors and it's easy to keep an eye on the curb, we don't have the curb marker on the windscreen, err many because I hadn't thought about it:Doh:, I just glance in the left mirror and it confirms position.

The one really usefull addition I've got on Winne is a look down mirror on the right hand side, very good for center line checks and excellent for manovering, especially keeping off the grass, takes the judgement out as it looks straight at the right hand front wheel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks - I hadn't realised they were automatic but I should have as they are American.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back