Driving me potty... (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
For various reasons we have not been away in our Moho since end of August 2017...

We are going absolutely stir crazy...

So we cancelled all our plans for this weekend and booked a couple of nights in the Cotswolds..

Don’t care what the weather may be doing.... just need to get away in our Moho!!!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am trying to use mine as much as possible whilst I can.. My last van did 2000 miles a year for ten years with the previous owner going to one campsite in France and back once a year. He has bought a caravan now much better for him and his way of travelling.. I have done 16000 mile in my new van now and it isn't 2 years old yet and this year hasn't even got going yet. Gibraltar and North Wales since new year. loads more with the tickets on the tunnel bought on frequent traveller already. I must get the use out of the money I spent . Go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Had the same conversation with Mrs W. Returned today from 3 nights in Suffolk. Gales, sleet, you name it fell out of the sky at times. Last night, the van rocked for about 5 hours BUT, at least we got away and made the most of it. We’re not diehards who go away come what may, but it seems such a waste just to use the van from April to September.

At my storage place, there are vans and caravans that remain in the same spot until summer!

Yes, it’s no fun traipsing around in wet weather. One can wrap up for the cold, but being wet can be miserable. We visit some National Trust place or other if it’s wet. Parking of motorhomes is mostly no problem at NT sites.

Doesn’t help that various attractions (like some local museums) or amazingly, a lot of campsites are closed until Easter!

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We have been on a campsite in Spain for three months and move on Saturday. That’s the longest the motorhome has been stood still in the four years we have owned it. I am so much looking forward to getting behind the wheel again. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are due to go to France/Spain at the beginning of March.:)

Panic set in this week when we heard about a recall on the FIAT Ducato base vehicle.:eek:

At first, no FIAT Professional dealer could book us in before the last week in March.:mad:

Then we found one who could fit us in yesterday. Yippee!:D

Then we found out that the required parts had not arrived. Slight Panic!:mad::mad:

Then we got a ‘phone call this morning. Parts have arrived and can be fitted tomorrow. Yippee!:)

The trip is still on its initial schedule.:france:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back