Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have just been reading on the news about DVLA and they have a proposal to restrict drivers over 70 and with some conditions, who are currently able to self declare at 70 to renew their licences, to be restricted to 25-30 miles from home and also a curfew for driving at night time.
This does not look good for those that wish to use their motorhomes after 70. There was a list of conditions that at the moment are just ticked that would trigger the ban including diabetes and any vision defects.
I need to see more concrete proposals but fear it might trigger a ban on any large vehicles and withdraw any medical tests to get your HGV rights. I will investigate and see the actual rule ideas. I first saw this in Yahoo News in a piece from Reuters by Phil Noble and reported in the Sunday Times.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I came in the back way through the email entrance so never saw the rest of the postings must have bad eyesight as i never saw it.
I only remembered it because it would affect me at 76 ;) and pleased to find that at least my memory's still O.K. :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back