Jaz007

Free Member
May 10, 2020
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75/2
Exp
Hi all I have just reached the age of 70 and my licence is up.reading on dvla.I have a extension of 11 months is this right.?thanks all and have a happy new year.here’s hopping.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi, i am in same boat but have had my medical and posted details back to DVLA.
Today I received an acknowledgement letter from them returning the proof they asked for and a contact number to call if an questions.
Never heard of an extension but hey ho, what will be will be, just hope that I get it before my 70th next month.
If no driving until it is received , so hope that you are right.
BTW had my medical done my doctor from D4drivers at a cost of £55 , well chuffed at that as my own GP wanted £150 ! robbing bar steward !!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Hi all I have just reached the age of 70 and my licence is up.reading on dvla.I have a extension of 11 months is this right.?
If it's on the DVLA website you're entitled to believe it.
A link to your DVLA source would help.
When I turned 70 I didn't need to have any medical inspection as I was happy to give up my C1 entitlement (that I'd never needed anyway).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, i am in same boat but have had my medical and posted details back to DVLA.
Today I received an acknowledgement letter from them returning the proof they asked for and a contact number to call if an questions.
Never heard of an extension but hey ho, what will be will be, just hope that I get it before my 70th next month.
If no driving until it is received , so hope that you are right.
BTW had my medical done my doctor from D4drivers at a cost of £55 , well chuffed at that as my own GP wanted £150 ! robbing bar steward !!
I'm under the impression until your C1 entitlement is actually revoked you can continue driving.
DVLA confirming receipt isn't saying its revoked.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I applied in September and sent medical and letter came back with new licence for 1 year extension and will accept this years medical when I apply next September. When I applied in 2017 I had to have exercise ECG but at the present time hospitals are not carrying these out owing to Covid 19.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
when you apply for the C1 with medical you are allowed to continue driving under section 88, until your new license comes or DVLA say stop driving.

you cannot however travel outside UK without carrying your physical license.

I have posted the following before: I applied for mine with a D4Drivers medical in August, still not had mine back. I do not have any medical issues but the D4Drivers Dr messed up my form resulting in dVLA insisting on all sorts of additional info. D4 Drivers accept no responsibility and have been less than helpful.
I would have gladly paid my GP the £150 to have it right 1st time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back