Driving licence expired (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
I settled down to read the January issue of Saga magazine and mentioned this article, attached to my husband.
Its 70 he said . Feeling curious I went and got my licence Section 4B said Jul20.
We had both expiry dates this year but due to COVID extended by 11 months.
Swiftly renewed.

image.jpg

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
My C1+E also expires shortly and the Government web site says I don't need a medical because of COVID. When I get the reminder to renew just apply without it and hopefully I will get an extension of 1 year.
ezee

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I settled down to read the January issue of Saga magazine and mentioned this article, attached to my husband.
Its 70 he said . Feeling curious I went and got my licence Section 4B said Jul20.
We had both expiry dates this year but due to COVID extended by 11 months.
Swiftly renewed.

View attachment 453136
In my checks for a similar licence thread, if you’ve the old “paper only” licence and haven’t moved house since it was issued, that type doesn’t expire.

The paper and card license and card only ones expire because of the portrait picture on the card.
Also, the paper part of the paper & card license needs binning (or, at a minimum, kept separate and not used).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Had a thought just before Christmas that I had not had a renewal notice, I checked my licence and found the expiry date 20/12/20, Oh dear.
Ah, I think I read about an extension so I went onto dvla web site and found what others have, an eleven month extension.

I wonder if we go into another “ lockdown “ will the gov do the same for MOT’s, wife’s car is due for its first in February.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Renewed my licence in September with the 12 month extension. I still had a lot of form filling with much information required to complete. I had to request my health records in order to obtain all the information they required.
My new license arrived promptly so one worry less until next year.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
My C1+E also expires shortly and the Government web site says I don't need a medical because of COVID. When I get the reminder to renew just apply without it and hopefully I will get an extension of 1 year.
ezee
I did the same last year, 70 y/o C1+E without a medical, but will it be the same this year, 2 years without a medical???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back