Driving Licence Entitlement (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
B

Baldrick

Deleted User
'C' class is not a goods vehicle, it is a motor vehicle over 75000kg.

It's gone dark in here :thumb:

see ya george

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Sorry, I thought you had finished, but just to complete the case

you say
'C' class is not a goods vehicle

Here is the legislation definition of C Class (from the legislation which you linked too)

49.—(1) For the purposes of section 89A(5) of the Traffic Act, a heavy goods vehicle or public service vehicle of a class specified in column (1) of the table at the end of this regulation corresponds to a class of large goods vehicle or passenger-carrying vehicle, as the case may be, specified in column (2) of that table in relation to the class of vehicle in column (1).

1) Class of heavy goods or public service vehicle (2) Corresponding class of large goods or passenger-carrying vehicle
Heavy goods vehicles Large goods vehicles
1 Categories C and C + E
1A Categories C and C + E (limited, in each case, to vehicles with automatic transmission)
2 Category C and vehicles in category C + E which are drawbar trailer combinations.

The defence rests your honour.......

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Sorry, I thought you had finished, but just to complete the case

you say

Here is the legislation definition of C Class (from the legislation which you linked too)

49.—(1) For the purposes of section 89A(5) of the Traffic Act, a heavy goods vehicle or public service vehicle of a class specified in column (1) of the table at the end of this regulation corresponds to a class of large goods vehicle or passenger-carrying vehicle, as the case may be, specified in column (2) of that table in relation to the class of vehicle in column (1).

1) Class of heavy goods or public service vehicle (2) Corresponding class of large goods or passenger-carrying vehicle
Heavy goods vehicles Large goods vehicles
1 Categories C and C + E
1A Categories C and C + E (limited, in each case, to vehicles with automatic transmission)
2 Category C and vehicles in category C + E which are drawbar trailer combinations.

The defence rests your honour.......

George, I do not want to mix things up , but C is heavy goods and E is trailer.
It can be drawbar or semitrailer (artic)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Graham

Yes and thats what Mark claims you need to drive a Large motorhome.

George

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Of Course it's possibly right!

Hi Mike

DVLA said it was right when they insisted that I needed a Class C + E to drive my 36ft RV plus Car and trailer. However, lots of other people say it is wrong and really what it boils down to is - are you willing to risk being taken to court if caught using the 'wrong' licence? Are you willing to risk everything if caught in an accident and the Insurance Company saying they will not pay out because you are using the wrong licence?

There already has been one court case which was dropped for one reason or another where the person was supposedly caught in the outside lane of a motorway in an RV doing over the speed limit on a car licence. He was summonsed but the case never appeared in court! That is what I have heard and I am very willing to stand corrected if somebody knows the real facts of the case.

What we really need is a 'leader' definitely stating in quite undisputable form that we need a class....... in order to drive a large motorhome. Trouble is what we also need is a leader to state quite undisputably what class an RV is!!!!!!!!!!

As for me, with a class C + E I am covered all ways round but if it is definitely decided that I don't need a class C to drive my RV then I would be tempted to claim my money back from DVLA.

Dick

OP
OP
B

Baldrick

Deleted User
Hi Mark

Not always, only post 97 Licences and then only if you had to take a test after 97 otherwise it was a free giveaway with a B licence

You did agree with it, these are definitely your words, not mine and, I might add eloquently put!!

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Hi Mike

DVLA said it was right when they insisted that I needed a Class C + E to drive my 36ft RV plus Car and trailer. However, lots of other people say it is wrong and really what it boils down to is - are you willing to risk being taken to court if caught using the 'wrong' licence? Are you willing to risk everything if caught in an accident and the Insurance Company saying they will not pay out because you are using the wrong licence?

There already has been one court case which was dropped for one reason or another where the person was supposedly caught in the outside lane of a motorway in an RV doing over the speed limit on a car licence. He was summonsed but the case never appeared in court! That is what I have heard and I am very willing to stand corrected if somebody knows the real facts of the case.

What we really need is a 'leader' definitely stating in quite undisputable form that we need a class....... in order to drive a large motorhome. Trouble is what we also need is a leader to state quite undisputably what class an RV is!!!!!!!!!!

As for me, with a class C + E I am covered all ways round but if it is definitely decided that I don't need a class C to drive my RV then I would be tempted to claim my money back from DVLA.

Dick

Sorry folks, but this thread is now getting a little booring:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Waiting for the knives:Eeek::ROFLMAO::cry:

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
just a quick one here which no doubt someone will be able to answer in a flash...
If my RV is not a goods vehicle which quite clearly it is not, it says motorcaravan on the V5...

Why then does it say its taxation class is Private Heavy Goods Vehicle:whatthe:

Do any of them know what is going on ??????

Keith and Debs

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Keith

That is a revenue class, not a vehicle classification as such.

George

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back