Driving in windy conditions (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I love this site the op was a question about driving in strong winds which has a dead simple answer if your not comfortable with the driving conditions stop and wait till the bad weather has subsided,
But all of a sudden we have people bleating on about mpg or having to go back and rescue a dog or bigwood going on about a transit petrol (2 litre v4 I suspect) with a Granada on the trailer no of which are helpful or informative for the original question but it is just like being in the pub at closing time on a Friday night
Exactly,,its just common sense,,,BUSBY.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Was in France and had a constant wind from the left had to steer that way to keep in a straight line was interesting when came to a building that broke the wind

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Strong winds tend not to bother me too much but of course it depends on how bad they actually are. Beginning of last year on our way down to Spain on an autopista we encountered some serious gusty conditions which was making driving difficult. I had to slow down to 20mph and got off at the next exit. Mind, everything was slowing right down, cars trucks too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back