Driving an old 3.5 t Hymer Through Germany to Poland (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
So we have a wedding to attend in Babimost Poland on the 13th of July, we could of course jump on a plane, but now I’m thinking let’s take the 23 year old Hymer and have a look around whilst we are there. We are not planners, our modus operandi is fuel up, go, and let the adventure unfold day by day, rather than booking stuff up that sets a timetable you have to keep to.
Now I’m happy to get off the Ferry and head East, there is no intention of visiting large cities in Germany but we will need to find some out of town Stellplatz for overnight stops which is of no concern.
My question really relates to low emission zones which I understand have multiplied in recent times, can we scoot through Germany without windscreen stickers etc on route to Poland where I believe there are no such issues.
Any advice welcomed.
15506A64-55E5-445D-93F7-82D3F5DA5D46.png

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We do Poland(Katowice) to Dunkirk every rear.

Your route looks a bit obscured by the time labels but I think it goes through Duisburg and Essen on the European E40, German numbers change a bit in the area. That main road is exempt from LEZ restrictions as long as you do not turn off. You are in a built-up area with some traffic lights, but it is still exempt. Some is dual-carriageway and underpasses. Just keep going straight and you will be fine.

Away from that area it is all Autobahn so no problem.

Diesel a bit cheaper in Poland - and Vodka/beer dirt cheap.

Enjoy your wedding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back