Driving across the Croatian Border ! (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Love your videos, keep them coming. After watching your soca valley trip, I've put that into my plans for 2018.
Also love your style, send the Mrs up onto the roof to check out the repairs needed ! I know I'd never get away with that.
Not watched it all yet but will do later when I've more time.
Happy travels.

OP
OP
dyl

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Awesome to hear! Soca Valley was amazing - plenty of camper sites along the trail as well.
Haha yeah she was up there before I had the chance so props to her.
You too.
Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
How have you found Slovenia and Croatia regarding sites ?
My research suggests wilding (free / minimal cost parking) is very difficult and camp sites very expensive.
Your thoughts would be useful
Thanks

Kim and Philip

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C Class van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Really enjoying your videos. We did a similar route in the spring and loved Slovenia and Croatia. Your videos bring great memories. Did I hear you say you are heading to Plitvic Nat. Park - it's beautiful, just avoid the crowds. Do some island hoping as you head down the Croatian coast - we particularly enjoyed Rab Island - did some windsurfing and snorkelling in the area and great cycling. Thanks again for your images - such memories for you to take back to NZ.

OP
OP
dyl

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
@Figaro We found Slovenia had plenty of spots that you could park up for free or pretty much - with very limited hassle. Using the app park4night worked a treat. We even came across a little town with a free camperstop that had a public beer fountain. Croatia is a little difficult but not impossible to wild camp (although illegal). We found campgrounds were reasonably priced so long as you looked around beforehand - also going in off season and taking a camping card international (got ours from the camping and caravanning club) will often give you a decent discount. Croatia is well worth the visit - most people speak english as well, another added bonus.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dyl

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
@Kim and Philip thanks guys! glad you're enjoying them. Plitvice was a good time and we went pretty early but wasn't long before the crowds starting rocking up. We managed to take a ferry over to Hvar and out to Orebic - not to Rab Island though...will have to google it. Sure will be! and hopefully we create many more before we head back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back