Driveway parking over festive period (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just thinking..dangerous I know :) Up until yesterday we were undecided what to do for xmas, now decided to stay home. Our MH is parked elsewhere at the moment so our driveway is free if theres anyone looking to come to Glasgow over the festive period. Who else has free driveways/parking that they can offer out?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i will let shuggy know he might want it :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
yep generous, i also belong to Motor caravanner and they have a list up and down country for one night or short stays, good idea:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
A very generous offer.

Hoping to come and see you soon - but not with Buffy, just for a quick tea and catch up.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Very generous Irnbru, I haven't got a free drive over xmas as daughters are coming but I remember your generous offer to me last May.(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know about over xmas but it's not a bad idea for other times, I have a yard anyone could park on overnight but would have to move early next morning as being a farm with other units on traffic is moving from eight in a morning. But would it get abused , what about if you couldn't move them next morning or insurance and stuff

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Just thinking..dangerous I know :) Up until yesterday we were undecided what to do for xmas, now decided to stay home. Our MH is parked elsewhere at the moment so our driveway is free if theres anyone looking to come to Glasgow over the festive period. Who else has free driveways/parking that they can offer out?
Could be the worlds smallest rally,but a nice thought.If your any were near Melrose from the 23rd to the 3rd Jan look us up.:smiley:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
A very generous offer.

Hoping to come and see you soon - but not with Buffy, just for a quick tea and catch up.
Pop in anytime Helen, Look forward to seeing you again. :)

Could be the worlds smallest rally,but a nice thought.If your any were near Melrose from the 23rd to the 3rd Jan look us up.:smiley:
Thanks John but think we will be staying in Glasgow unless we come across a MH Hogmanay rally nearby.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
That's a really brilliant idea & could be of benefit throughout the UK. After all, we are all enjoying the same way of life & I could see this kinda thing becoming common place?

Robert & Hazel.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I am aware of similar sort of thing swapping houses with people overseas and if there was a central listing for MH it would be great. Unfortunately all i can offer is my plot at storage

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I have a parking space at the side of the house with EHU and water which can be booked by prior arrangement :)

Is that a personal invite for Sandra or can anyone gate crash?

You are very welcome to gate crash, we love to meet funsters but dont get to many funster rallys.
John&Joyce,

Thread bookmarked for future reference, if I may.

We are planning a Borders/Central Scotland tour at some point, possible Autumn 2015. We have friends to visit who live on the banks the Tweed just a few miles upstream from Berwick, which will bookend the start of the trip.

Rough plan would be to follow the Tweed to Galashiels (taking in Melrose & Merlin Music on the way), then down to Hawick, then cut back across country to the St Mary's Loch area, down to Moffat & then either hit the road home or meander down into the Lake District.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You are very wecome to gate crash, we love to meet funsters but dont get to many funster rallys.
John&Joyce,
Helen, I hope you do go and visit. John and Joyce are a lovely couple. One of the first of the little amount of funsters we have met so far. Hope to see them again at next Inverness meet or somewhere else.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I have a parking space at the side of the house with EHU and water which can be booked by prior arrangement :)

Likewise we also have space with water & electric availiable, 5 miles from the south of Lake Windermere (Grey & black water emptying as long as no chemicals are used as we are on a septic tank).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back