Driver seat comfort (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes-benz Rapido
Having stepped into this new and wonderful world a couple of months ago we embarked on our first distance journey last week from suffolk to the lakes.
My husband did all the driving, not quite confident myself yet to take the wheel. He however struggled after the first sixty miles or so with his lower back and coccyx area.
Any tops tips from seasoned travellers? Seat cushions or covers do they work?
Thanks in advance
Cheryl

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
What vehicle is it?

Our 2012 ducato based bessacarr seats were uncomfortable but was more neck area solved by adding padded headrests.

OP
OP
HappySealz
May 1, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes-benz Rapido
Mercedes-benz Rapido 2001,so the seats have been well sat on! šŸ˜Š

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I tried everything in our previous van the drivers seat was dreadfully uncomfortable, i suffered exactly as you say, and tried everything, nothing worked, until i had new base foam installed, worked wonders, wasn't too expensive either, i think Ā£150 ish for both, but that was a few years ago
place in belper i think.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Beds, chairs, both the same. What's supremely comfortable for 5 minutes in the showroom might be hell after 2 hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
HappySealz
May 1, 2021
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes-benz Rapido
Thanks Westbarn1 not cheap but may be better than stopping every hour for him to stretch. We're heading to Devon and Cornwall in a month and it could be a long journey otherwise!
Mattress is also on the list, our four nights long journey trial run was a success finding out what we do and don't like! šŸ˜Š Very different from two nights locally!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back