Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Many people just don’t feel the need to drive, and some who do get a license just don’t like it long term.

There’s also an issue with having not driven or not driven for some time and/or only driven a car then jumping in a van / MH.

SWMBO has always driven a car, but she won’t drive my van or MH, and to be honest that’s a good thing as she is an awful driver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
The OP has posted a thread that has generated lots of, mostly, helpful advice, suggestions and opinions from the famously friendly Funsters yet my feeling is she doesn't really want to engage much on the public forum. Shame as there's so much knowledge here and so many people willing to help, even if not exactly what she's hoping for.
Well she's had one serious offer from Grummyb which is more than I was expecting to be honest (not being privy to any PMs she might have received).
Wish her well in her quest.
Karen

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Nice to know that I'm loved & wanted :lipssealed:
Wonder where we could go? What about two weeks in Middlesbrough? :unsure:

Me thinks MarilynMonroe would send me back home pdq & then where would I be, away in the motorhome with no carer?
We could pair up for a trip to Kirkcaldy; I know exactly where 'Rejects' is situated, so no need for SatNav ... :oops: 'Reject 1 to Reject 2' you receiving?' ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
The OP has posted a thread that has generated lots of, mostly, helpful advice, suggestions and opinions from the famously friendly Funsters yet my feeling is she doesn't really want to engage much on the public forum. Shame as there's so much knowledge here and so many people willing to help, even if not exactly what she's hoping for.
Well she's had one serious offer from Grummyb which is more than I was expecting to be honest (not being privy to any PMs she might have received).
Wish her well in her quest.
Karen
It's a shame because if Marilyn joined in the thread a little more she & the single funsters would get each other and who knows what could happen then.
I hope she does, it might just do the trick.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There are loads of ways she could approach this but doesn't seem to want to talk about it even though she is the op.
Just one of many ideas, would be to take her tent with her which she says she is used to, and just use the van for transport to the site, if they get on with meals and stuff ok, try it out , otherwise just use it as a camping trip .
Not suggesting she do this just an example of one thing.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
There are loads of ways she could approach this but doesn't seem to want to talk about it even though she is the op.
It's a shame. I think that the lady was rather naïve and unaware that she was asking rather a lot in hoping to find someone willing to share even a a short trip with a 'stranger' and two dogs.
If she wasn't 250 or so miles away oop North I'd happily meet up with her in my m/h for a day just to let her experience a taste of motorhoming but being so distant it would be impractical to become regular travelling companions. I normally tour only abroad (I'm just a 20 mile drive from France) and taking dogs would involve unwelcome ties and bureaucracy.
I do admire her sense of adventure all the same and wish her luck.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We could pair up for a trip to Kirkcaldy; I know exactly where 'Rejects' is situated, so no need for SatNav ... :oops: 'Reject 1 to Reject 2' you receiving?' ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Receiving you loud n clear Steve :Grin:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Maybe you need another type of site to ask on MarilynMonroe
I once posted I've got the leathers have you got the bike, you can see what I got in my avatar, 22 years on Monday since we met, I had a motorhome though and we manage to merge both interests very well.
think OP is looking for a friend rather than a partner (so was I :rofl:) be careful what you wish for.
it's not 679 or whatever the number was in disguise is it?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
chaser I am a very friendly person but could never share my mh with a stranger. .. Even Bruce Springstein. There are only certain close friends I could do it with even. My mh is my sanctity.

I do feel that if Marilyn went to a meet local where she lives, just for a day visit, she could meet someone happy to take her away for a weekend. She could also enjoy the day's activities with us all.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
chaser I am a very friendly person but could never share my mh with a stranger. .. Even Bruce Springstein. There are only certain close friends I could do it with even. My mh is my sanctity.

I do feel that if Marilyn went to a meet local where she lives, just for a day visit, she could meet someone happy to take her away for a weekend. She could also enjoy the day's activities with us all.

seriously not even Bruce…,,,

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Maybe you need another type of site to ask on MarilynMonroe
I once posted I've got the leathers ...........

.......but no handcuffs I assume. :giggle:

I've got the leathers (and handcuffs ;) ).

Still Rockin.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back