Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
After searching around last week for a garage with the facilities to work our MH I dropped it of yesterday (Friday) to have the N/S drive shaft replaced & while there issued instructions to empty the gearbox oil & overfill it to 1.8ltrs.
Friday Afternoon I received a phone call the supplying company had delivered the wrong drive shaft & the one they got was for a Boxer with ABS & they assured me they was working to get it changed asap
This morning (Sat) I decided to give them a call as id had no call & was hoping to pick it up as planned, well another drive shaft arrived this morning & dang the wrong one had been delivered so now were looking at waiting till Monday to get it sorted.

Well at least it is not sat outside on axle stands while they get the correct drive shaft sorted, its currently on their ramp & while it is there they cant do anything else so I'm guessing they are not happy with their suppliers right now.

Roll on Tuesday as that's the only day I can collect it...........

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
its a common problem at the moment at a lot of garages .it seems some motor factors data systems are not as good as others . they are set up for reg numbers now and they can be notoriously inaccurate when it comes to identifying different engine /transmission variants ! back in the day it was ex or retired mechanics that worked in part supplies and they would be aware of year changes etc ,now its keyboard operators who dont know one end of a vehicle from the other !!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
its a common problem at the moment at a lot of garages .it seems some motor factors data systems are not as good as others . they are set up for reg numbers now and they can be notoriously inaccurate when it comes to identifying different engine /transmission variants ! back in the day it was ex or retired mechanics that worked in part supplies and they would be aware of year changes etc ,now its keyboard operators who dont know one end of a vehicle from the other !!
I thought that applied to the 'technicians' these days?:D:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thats the bonus part for me its not on axle stands outside its in a workshop stuck because of the supliers fault.

Id be pi**£d if it were outside on stands.........................

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
yeah dead right. its a sad fact that the old school mechanical engineers are being replaced with CODE READERS who dont have the hands dirty experience to know why its registering the bloody codes in the first place !!

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 days later & still in the shop on the ramp
5 drive shafts have been delivered & the last I heard they had been in touch with peugeot main dealer & awaiting another.
I havent heard anything today so hoping its just arrived late.
Will call them tomorrow.
He did say several times the price will stay te same

o_O

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
FWIW, I've heard it said that Peugeot are the absolute worst for changing parts suppliers willy nilly during manufacture and not documenting the changes properly making supplying spares a nightmare.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Im kinda hoping thats the reason I haven't heard anything today as so far they have had 5 wrong drive shafts delivered.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Had a similar experience last year with my van. Put it in for a service and the connector on the fuel pipe that runs between the pump and filter snapped. It took six weeks before it was finally fixed.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Had a similar experience last year with my van. Put it in for a service and the connector on the fuel pipe that runs between the pump and filter snapped. It took six weeks before it was finally fixed.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

eek: :eek: I dont wanna miss Malvern................

dac5

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
york
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer
Exp
march 2014
Hi,
On Thursday I fitted 2 new marker lights to the top front of the Motor Home both supplied minus bulbs,
So called into Euro carparts to get some bulbs 2x festoon 2x stop/tail and 2x orange indicators.
I had to give 2 registration numbers 1 for the van and 1 for the car so the young man could use the pc to find them.
Up on his return the festoon bulbs were too short, He went to find the right bulbs passing a wall chart with every bulb known to mankind on it.
Then returned after speaking to a mechanic?? and told me to bend the springs in and the bulbs would fit.
Holding my breath I left shaking my head whithout any bulbs.
Went to Wilco and got all my bulbs off the shelf. I dispare

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I called them for an update today & it turns out Peugeot UK have confirmed the correct drive shaft but there is not a single one in the UK so one is on backorder in Peugeot France & will be fast couriered over.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Fingers crossed it turns up tomorrow.........................

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
So Pi$$%d *ff right now I could destroy any/all Peugeot Dealer/s...............
Thats my holiday down the drain...................... :mad:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I take it that from your comments the drive shaft is the wrong one or hasn't turned up yet.
Someone is going to be extracting a drive shaft from somewhere not very comfy very soon if they don't get it fixed.

I feel really sorry for you. Especially so as it is beyond your control.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not being stupid but have you tried visiting a local auto spares warehouse. it may not be original peugeot but they will likely have both types on the shelf

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know this doesn't help but it seems you have the same model as us and we can't get a cambelt from a garage as the computer says we have a chain but you only have to look under the bonnet to see its a belt so we have to get the one from the last model that had a belt, but it has worked ok.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have to give credit to the place I took it too as they seem to be on the ball literally its there suppliers that have let them down.
They currently have 5 probably 6 drive shaft now all from various suppliers & the last one to arrive on monday was from Toomey a Peugeot main dealer who had put a technical inquiry to france to confirm the correct part.
The dealer phoned Tuesday to say it had arrived & that the splines were too small so they were expecting another to arrive today.
Today no call so either no part or wrong part & im giving them the benefit of the doubt by waiting patiently either way its on their ramp where it has been for two weeks so they cannot do any other work that requires that ramp.

Thats Malvern down the pan now......

On the other hand if I had chose to do this job myself I might not have considered to measure the parts & just eyed it up & put it together only to have a mass failure on the road.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
back when I used to get oil under my nails, I would of taken the old/failed shaft with me and driven round the suppliers within 30 miles till i got one. none of this order by computer and getting the wrong one all the time. if your van is on their lift, it is costing more than a few hours labour sending somebody out to sort it

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The 1st 4 were all ABS shafts the 5th was supposed to be the correct one, Ive waited all day & no call so I will chase them up in the morning to find out if it arrived or not & if it was the correct one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back