Drive off with Grey Waste Drain Tap Open WHY? (2 Viewers)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
thhhiiiiiisssss threaaad muuuussssst live..:helpsos::helptitanic::getmecoat::wooo::pray::active:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
smiley-sport040.gif

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think at this point I should invoke the W word

Soooooo

To all combatants

Wibble

There.. done.... :whatthe:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thhhiiiiiisssss threaaad muuuussssst live..:helpsos::helptitanic::getmecoat::wooo::pray::active:

So this imbecile dumps his grey wast all over his pitch and the next guy comes along and plugs into the socket with the Reverse Polarity.

I just can't type any further it's just to horrible to contemplate.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And when you thought it could not get worse....

The terrible consequences scenario.....

The guy opens The Grey Tap and drives off oblivious to the consequences. He hits the tarmac and comes to a bend.......

< pause for dramatic effect > Hum the music to Jaws here.

....the sharp bend.......

< increasing heartbeat, dedum, dedum, dedum...>

The TOAD he is pulling on the Illegal A-frame hits the diabolical fluid running from his Grey Tanks and......

.... it slides sideways violently......

.... hitting the minibus carrying a load of disabled kids bound for a cure in Lourdes.....

.... minibus slides off the road, down a 50 foot bank onto.....

.... the main London - Paris railway line......

.... just in time to block the line for the TGV at 140 mph.....

.... the TGV leaps over the minibus with so much energy in lands in the Ashford cinema/hotel complex vaporising the Travelodge and flattening Macdonalds....

.... hundreds of people are dead, hundreds more mutilated.

But all is not lost, a pretty young girl with bright blue eye and long blond ringlets was somehow thrown out of the minibus and slammed into the ground on her back, this reconnected the spinal cord she severed when cycling to the supermarket to get some woodbines for her old gran and was hit by a Ukrainian articulated wagon, who drove off and left her for dead.

And all because some imbecile left his grey tap open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And when you thought it could not get worse....

The terrible consequences scenario.....

The guy opens The Grey Tap and drives off oblivious to the consequences. He hits the tarmac and comes to a bend.......

[HI]< pause for dramatic effect > Hum the music to Jaws here.[/HI]

....the sharp bend.......

< increasing heartbeat, dedum, dedum, dedum...>

The TOAD he is pulling on the Illegal A-frame hits the diabolical fluid running from his Grey Tanks and......

.... it slides sideways violently......

.... hitting the minibus carrying a load of disabled kids bound for a cure in Lourdes.....

.... minibus slides off the road, down a 50 foot bank onto.....

.... the main London - Paris railway line......

.... just in time to block the line for the TGV at 140 mph.....

.... the TGV leaps over the minibus with so much energy in lands in the Ashford cinema/hotel complex vaporising the Travelodge and flattening Macdonalds....

.... hundreds of people are dead, hundreds more mutilated.

But all is not lost, a pretty young girl with bright blue eye and long blond ringlets was somehow thrown out of the minibus and slammed into the ground on her back, this reconnected the spinal cord she severed when cycling to the supermarket to get some woodbines for her old gran and was hit by a Ukrainian articulated wagon, who drove off and left her for dead.

And all because some imbecile left his grey tap open.

Errr.. did not know I had a theme tune.. Thanks Brian :thumb:

Could you give me a wee hint as to what it is ?

Oh and NO, before anyone else says it, it is NOT :

http://youtu.be/I7ly_tp-9SY

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I know this may seem like a [HI]grey[/HI] area to some, and whilst I appreciate that it should be [HI]fluid[/HI], I feel that this thread may have [HI]flowed[/HI] off topic.:RollEyes:

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Okay, I've resisted for long enough. ::bigsmile:

Re the OP. I would never release my grey water on a campsite pitch nor would I when driving out of a campsite or even off a rally field. When camping on a hard-standing, on a site or not, I would not release my grey, I'd carry it to a designated point, or in the absence of one I would dispose of it responsibly.

When wild or at a show on grass where no one else will be parking for a while I have let water go under the van hundreds of times. If I am going to be somewhere for more than a couple of days I'll collect it and chuck it in the hedge. A little grey won't hurt anything, but a lot in one place might.

If I can, I take my grey home, I've plenty of space to dump it. Its amazing how the ground does not bother about it. In fact for the four years I owned an RV I dumped over a thousand gallons of chemical free black waste in the same bit of hedge in a field. The only result being fantastic crops of blackberries, even better, it's only me that picks em::bigsmile:

Over the years I have probably dumped a few hundred of gallons of grey on the road, not that anyone would notice as I have the tap just cracked so it's releasing literally a drop at a time. Less since having the Hymer because the drain point is in the middle of the road and not the gutter. For me any drain on the road or layby is OK for a bit of grey, I'm an expert at parking exactly over those drains. Road drains collect a lot of muck such as as the tons of dirt and manure farmers leave on it, rubber, roadkill and rat shit. My grey won't make much difference. :Smile:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

Re the OP. I would never release my grey water on a campsite pitch nor would I when driving out of a campsite or even off a rally field. When camping on a hard-standing, on a site or not, I would not release my grey, I'd carry it to a designated point, or in the absence of one I would dispose of it responsibly.

When wild or at a show on grass where no one else will be parking for a while I have let water go under the van hundreds of times. If I am going to be somewhere for more than a couple of days I'll collect it and chuck it in the hedge. A little grey won't hurt anything, but a lot in one place might.

If I can, I take my grey home, I've plenty of space to dump it. Its amazing how the ground does not bother about it. In fact for the three years I owned an RV I dumped over a thousand gallons of chemical free black waste in the same bit of hedge in a field. The only result being fantastic crops of blackberries, even better, it's only me that picks em::bigsmile:

Over the years I have probably dumped a few hundred of gallons of grey on the road, not that anyone would notice as I have the tap just cracked so it's releasing literally a drop at a time. Less since having the Hymer because the drain point is in the middle of the road and not the gutter. For me any drain on the road or layby is OK for a bit of grey, I'm an expert at parking exactly over those drains. Road drains collect a lot of muck such as as the tons of dirt and manure farmers leave on it, rubber, roadkill and rat shit. My grey won't make much difference. :Smile:

Hoooraaahhh. The thread lives :Eeek:

You rebel.......

See you at the caravan dealer with me and Jaws :thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years

If I can, I take my grey home, I've plenty of space to dump it. Its amazing how the ground does not bother about it. In fact for the three years I owned an RV I dumped over a thousand gallons of chemical free black waste in the same bit of hedge in a field. The only result being fantastic crops of blackberries, even better, it's only me that picks em::bigsmile:

Are you about to start promoting your blackberries ?:Smile:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
A 21 page thread about dishwater :Doh: :thumb::thumb::thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Spot on Jim.

Just common sense and consideration. Not difficult ...to quote "just do it!"

So it's alright now and you'll be rallying with us? :Doh:

Now I am :Confused:

I think I preferred it when you all hated my dribbling, now that no1 can get great blackberries its ok.....

Think ill keep my waste closed in the future,,,,

Can't be a rebel if I go with the grain,

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
So it's alright now and you'll be rallying with us? :Doh:

Now I am :Confused:

I think I preferred it when you all hated my dribbling, now that no1 can get great blackberries its ok.....

Think ill keep my waste closed in the future,,,,

Can't be a rebel if I go with the grain,

Dearest Haggers, You've been a real gent right through this thread and I'd rally next to you any time. :thumb:

Unfortunately/fortunately I've got a ferry to catch soon so you will have to wait for that pleasure. :hug:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It's a matter of common sense to me if it's safe to let it go if it's going to be a problem find somewhere appropriate to get rid of it, I remember in France once parked next to a broader with what would have been a beautiful tree, but it was nearly dead through lack of water, by the time we were ready to leave the tree was upright and healthy, looking thanks to my waste water,was I right or wrong.

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Well a lot has been said & the majority do agree that if facilities are available on a campsite then they would use them. There does seem to be a different opinion when on a rally or wild camping but that's down each individual motorhomer. During the last few days that this post has been running we have experienced a number of motorhomes/caravans arrive & leave our campsite. Upon departure & the pitch being vacant its part of our work to check each hard standing pitch for any litter, weeds growing through the pea gravel, any pitch pegs left sticking out & then give the pitch a good rake over to make it nice & presentable for the next customer. Now it hasn't rained here in the last 24 days (the wife keeps a diary) & the grass & gravel pitches are as dry as a bone. 2 of the pitches that were occupied by motorhomes both had soaking wet patches in the gravel. Now i'm not talking about a small puddle, the wet area was in excess of 2 mtrs in diameter. How lovely that is for the next customer who may wish to erect an awning for living in, eating in & for children to play in or even sleep in.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Well a lot has been said & the majority do agree that if facilities are available on a campsite then they would use them. There does seem to be a different opinion when on a rally or wild camping but that's down each individual motorhomer. During the last few days that this post has been running we have experienced a number of motorhomes/caravans arrive & leave our campsite. Upon departure & the pitch being vacant its part of our work to check each hard standing pitch for any litter, weeds growing through the pea gravel, any pitch pegs left sticking out & then give the pitch a good rake over to make it nice & presentable for the next customer. Now it hasn't rained here in the last 24 days (the wife keeps a diary) & the grass & gravel pitches are as dry as a bone. 2 of the pitches that were occupied by motorhomes both had soaking wet patches in the gravel. Now i'm not talking about a small puddle, the wet area was in excess of 2 mtrs in diameter. How lovely that is for the next customer who may wish to erect an awning for living in, eating in & for children to play in or even sleep in.

Point taken:thumb:

Is it widespread ? - there are other site owners on here - do they have a similar problem ?

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
We hope its not widespread on this site. We only noticed it as the 2 pitches are brand new as we turned 20 grass pitches into hard standings during the winter & the Easter break was the 1st time they were used. They could've been parked anywhere. This post was started as 2 motorhomes drove off site with the drain taps open ignoring the motorhome service point. So that's 4 in 5 days. The majority do stop & drain off the grey at the correct point, we experienced some last season but this year it seems more prevalent. The next one I may stop in a mad panic with my arms waving & say 'You've got a leak!

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
In fact for the three years I owned an RV I dumped over a thousand gallons of chemical free black waste in the same bit of hedge in a field. The only result being fantastic crops of blackberries, even better, it's only me that picks em::bigsmile:

Only you? :Eeek:

We did make some lovely blackberry pies and blackberry sorbet from the hedgerows but...

(trying not to picture it, trying not to picture it, trying not to picture it... )

:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back