Drive off with Grey Waste Drain Tap Open WHY? (2 Viewers)

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
ATTENTION ALL COMBATANTS.....PLEASE GO BACK TO THE START AND READ THE ORIGINAL POST. NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT DUMPING GREY WATER ON WASTE GROUND OR ANYWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN ON A CAMPSITE THAT ALREADY HAS DUMP FACILITIES. Typical of this forum, someone starts a thread asking a perfectly normal question why people insist on dumping grey water on pitches when there is a perfectly good grey water dump and it turns into anti smoking and caravanning.:Doh:

Another example, I asked why a government official can get paid for a second home when old people are being forced out of there homes and it turns into getting rid of the queen :Doh:
Surely a rally field is a campsite?

And if the queen was going to be there I'd have thought that every one would have been on their best behaviour and not ditch water and fag-ends ion the field. :Confused:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Or possibly:

smiley-taunt006.gif

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Surely a rally field is a campsite?

And if the queen was going to be there I'd have thought that every one would have been on their best behaviour and not ditch water and fag-ends ion the field. :Confused:

No not at all. A rally field can be anything, I have rallied on air fields cow fields and even beaches.

And the queen will not be coming to a MHF meet as she can only come when she has paid her £10 subsription. And even then she won't come is Salopian comes. :Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
After reading the 100+ posts in this thread I've learnt one thing.

Never go on a Motorhomefun rally.

Pitching on a swamp of grey water just does not appeal.

I was there, up to my knees in grey water, fags,dog poo, i really don`t know how i survived.
I had to revert to using waders in the end , luckily i took a spray mask -just in case there was a smoker about.
I thought it was a prop for a WW1 film.

Then i woke up ---i was dreaming that a few days later there would be a lot of old ridiculus chat about it on the net.::bigsmile:

I saw- lots of motorhomes parked up with some grey buckets connected.
There was one or more with some bubbles appearing on a deserted part of a unused race course.
There was probably more dog pee than water :ROFLMAO:
The solution to polution is dilution ---it`s all gone now .
I will be going to another rally soon but i don`t think i will be needing boots as yet :thumb:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
No not at all. A rally field can be anything, I have rallied on air fields cow fields and even beaches.

And the queen will not be coming to a MHF meet as she can only come when she has paid her £10 subsription. And even then she won't come is Salopian comes. :Smile:

The Queen and grey water on a campsite - an odd mash up this thread.

Oddly I have a photograph somewhere of the Queen that brings the two together.

Off to find it now...

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I`ve been on sites in summer and been told by the owners not to waste water by disposing of it correctly but to water the grass with it.
Also
I`ve been on sites and seen caravanners wasing their vans on the pitch!!!
Quite possibly a hanging offence.
And Ive ridden my bike behind tractors dribbling god knows what onto the road.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The more you describe this rally the more of a nightmare it sounds.

Not my idea of responsible or even hygienic motorhoming.

The one thing that was hammered into me when a Bootneck was field hygiene. What you appear to be describing is a filthy refugee camp.

I will join haggers and sell my van immediately too.. Obviously I am a filthy refugee and as I was never a boot neck or a welly ear, or a plimsol bum or whatever, motorhoming cannot be for me.

Amazing what you learn after thinking you are enjoying the hobby and helping the MH comunity..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Amazing what you learn after thinking you are enjoying the hobby and helping the MH comunity..

You would certainly not be helping the motorhome community if you were in the habit of inconsiderately dumping dirty waste water.

Quite the opposite, but I'm sure you don't do that. :Smile:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
i am chosing to ignor nothing the threaded ended up regarding waste removal in general i believe my dumping of my grey waste as i am driving around the roads not the sites is less harmful than someone smoking a foul cigarette near other people you may remove your butts and not litter with them but have you ever thought oof the foul smell they make when someone walks passed you and you are blowing the smoke out regardless of where or who it is affecting :Smile:

Just thought I would let you know that I'm about to nip outside for a fag so keep your windows shut if in Lincolnshire area:ROFLMAO:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
You would certainly not be helping the motorhome community if you were in the habit of [HI]inconsiderately dumping dirty waste water[/HI].

Quite the opposite, but I'm sure you don't do that. :Smile:

That is the key to this "discussion". I do dump grey waste but I do so with full consideration, to where I am and who is around me.
I do drop to ground, but only where I consider, it will have minimum impact on others.
It's about common sense and consideration, but to say that you must always use the service point or if one is not available, carry that waste with you until you find a service point is just nonsense.
No disrespect intended but, that sort of talk comes from those who spend their time on club sites and a have that "Club Rules Must Apply" mentality.

As an aside and considering what some posters seem to think is in my Grey Waste, it would seem that my DNA is spread across much of Europe.
For some strange reason I feel quite proud of that.

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
That is the key to this "discussion". I do dump grey waste but I do so with full consideration, to where I am and who is around me.
I do drop to ground, but only where I consider, it will have minimum impact on others.
It's about common sense and consideration, but to say that you must always use the service point or if one is not available, carry that waste with you until you find a service point is just nonsense.
No disrespect intended but, that sort of talk comes from those who spend their time on club sites and a have that "Club Rules Must Apply" mentality.

As an aside and considering what some posters seem to think is in my Grey Waste, it would seem that my DNA is spread across much of Europe.
For some strange reason I feel quite proud of that.

Pete:Cool:

Oh right.:thumb:

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Well I must say that was a cracking wind up for April fool's !!!!!! Thanks one & all who contributed to an interesting thread.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Jim, That BIG red button you have for destroying threads, the ones that wont die,
you know ,the button like the Yanks have ,but they have never used -yet---

it eliminates things, go on, flip the saftey catch--use the special key, position finger --PUSH now:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back