Drive Off With Grey Waste Drain Tap Open Why? (1 Viewer)

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
I find the best way to drain your grey out on the move is to turn the tap on full then get to 100mph (or more if poss) asap & weave a bit as well, that way nobody stays close enough to see the grey water coming out the back :whistle:

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
He must have had an AWFUL lot of water on board to do that on a Motorway, I would have thought it would have gone in a couple of minutes after opening the tap, or was it one of the patented wind opening valves.
I've no idea how much grey water there was. All I know is he overtook me, pulled in in front, and my windscreen suddenly got very dirty...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
I've no idea how much grey water there was. All I know is he overtook me, pulled in in front, and my windscreen suddenly got very dirty...

Was it soon afterwards that you were abducted by aliens and were subjected to personal experiments?

David j Paley

Free Member
May 7, 2015
Ulldecona Catalunya Spain
Funster No
MH
Hobby 6M
Exp
Since 4 months
The prevailing opinion regarding grey/gray water seems to be "dump it where you want, who cares its only a drop of soapy water"ny opinion to the contrary seems to be mocked.

To be fair though, I can see why this opinion is held (even though we all know the grey water from our homes drains to the sewage system and not the rain water system and the reason for this is because it pollutes.) this opinion is held it seems to me is because in the UK you don't have any or few facilities other than camp sites to get rid of the stuff, whilst in other European countries we have the Aires, the majority of which are provided by local authorities and they are numerous, there are three within a 20 kilometre radius of where I live.

It is said that Motorhomes are unwelcome in lots of places in the UK and it seems to me that you can all continue polluting England's (and Scotland's ect) green and pleasant land.
Or you can lobby your local authorities, MPs and government, let them know that there are thousands and thousands of motorhomes and that they are here to stay and provision should be made for them. It would encourage tourism and increase spending in the local area.

I'm new to this wonderful way of travelling to different places and countries, and the above suggestion may have been tried before. If it has its not been affective.

If every thing fails you could organise a mass spillage of grey water outside a town hall or two.
(joking)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
and it seems to me that you can all continue polluting England's (and Scotland's ect) green and pleasant land
Oh dear.......Soapy water pollutes. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Next you will be saying that a few gallons of tractor hydraulic oil is OK, or a few thousand gallons of silage run off into a river, or maybe liquefied human sewage pumped and sprayed in gay abandon by some inbred son of the land over hedgerows and onto carriageways is cool.......

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
I have to say that this pathetic soapy water argument is so dull it is almost laughable. Are the purists trying to tell us that they never wash their cars or motorhomes with soapy waxy water which they hose around with gay abandon? Where do you all think that water goes? Down your drives and into the road, that's where it goes. So please, lets not be hypocrites, and face up to the fact that the grey water has to go somewhere if no facilities are at hand to deal with it.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
spilledwater_spilledblood.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have to say that this pathetic soapy water argument is so dull it is almost laughable. Are the purists trying to tell us that they never wash their cars or motorhomes with soapy waxy water which they hose around with gay abandon? Where do you all think that water goes? Down your drives and into the road, that's where it goes. So please, lets not be hypocrites, and face up to the fact that the grey water has to go somewhere if no facilities are at hand to deal with it.

Well said Mike,,,,On some sites they ask you to water the bushes with your grey water,,,I spray my roses with washing up water to remove bugs,,,BUSBY...

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I think you are missing the point. You and others seem to be engaging in a reverse pissing contest ie. the car washer/farmer/sewage works/tractor oil/silage is FAR WORSE than me.
My view has nothing to do with any perceived scale of environmental good/bad, it's all about the moral aspect of inconseridately dumping dirty water.
I believe the guy in my incident did the equivalent of opening his windows and emptying his rubbish bag out, followed by the contents of his Hoover bag and lastly his ashtray... Although I guess you'll tell me the bin lorry/skip wagon/farmer is far worse than that.
Perhaps the real answer is to wait for Joe Public to take real umbrage with the "traveller"-type Motorhomers and have us all do motor homing Jersey style ie. Only allowed to travel direct to from authorised camp sites with those "at hand" facilities, so there's no excuses

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Was it soon afterwards that you were abducted by aliens and were subjected to personal experiments?
Nice comeback...

Anyway... My point was I'm not a quantity surveyor, so couldn't be sure about the amount of water coming out the dump pipe... All i know is the result - a very dirty windscreen...

We had just passed the Birchanger Services, so guess he had stopped there to open the valve...

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I think you are missing the point. You and others seem to be engaging in a reverse pissing contest ie. the car washer/farmer/sewage works/tractor oil/silage is FAR WORSE than me.
My view has nothing to do with any perceived scale of environmental good/bad, it's all about the moral aspect of inconseridately dumping dirty water.
I believe the guy in my incident did the equivalent of opening his windows and emptying his rubbish bag out, followed by the contents of his Hoover bag and lastly his ashtray... Although I guess you'll tell me the bin lorry/skip wagon/farmer is far worse than that.
Perhaps the real answer is to wait for Joe Public to take real umbrage with the "traveller"-type Motorhomers and have us all do motor homing Jersey style ie. Only allowed to travel direct to from authorised camp sites with those "at hand" facilities, so there's no excuses

It's all about public perception , if it's not seen its not a problem(y)
I'm just talking about grey waste, not bins or ash trays mind.

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
The prevailing opinion regarding grey/gray water seems to be "dump it where you want, who cares its only a drop of soapy water"ny opinion to the contrary seems to be mocked.

To be fair though, I can see why this opinion is held (even though we all know the grey water from our homes drains to the sewage system and not the rain water system and the reason for this is because it pollutes.) this opinion is held it seems to me is because in the UK you don't have any or few facilities other than camp sites to get rid of the stuff, whilst in other European countries we have the Aires, the majority of which are provided by local authorities and they are numerous, there are three within a 20 kilometre radius of where I live.

It is said that Motorhomes are unwelcome in lots of places in the UK and it seems to me that you can all continue polluting England's (and Scotland's ect) green and pleasant land.
Or you can lobby your local authorities, MPs and government, let them know that there are thousands and thousands of motorhomes and that they are here to stay and provision should be made for them. It would encourage tourism and increase spending in the local area.

I'm new to this wonderful way of travelling to different places and countries, and the above suggestion may have been tried before. If it has its not been affective.

If every thing fails you could organise a mass spillage of grey water outside a town hall or two.
(joking)
you could have a point there, dumping outside town halls may well get us noticed & let them know well need somewhere to dump waste water...........

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
[QUOTE="EssexBoy, post: 1453181, member: 5558",
I believe the guy in my incident did the equivalent of opening his windows and emptying his rubbish bag out, followed by the contents of his Hoover bag and lastly his ashtray... [/QUOTE]
I see you are familiar with some Scottish council estates.

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
I know, let's talk about petrol generators and the human dross that use them at camp sites!

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I don't have the time to read the whole thread but I do hope the very real possibility of someone using the phrase "faecal matter" has already been covered in this reincarnation of 50 Threads Of Grey.

You know what they do on trains and civil aircraft don't you?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back