Drive BACK Awning (1 Viewer)

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Just got back from a month in Yorkshire and second time I have used the ‘drive away’ awning properly. Great idea as I have a MWB panel van conversion so the extra space was useful. The ‘thing’ went up fine and attached to the van then pegged out properly --- So far so good. ‘Thing’ stayed up in hailstorm, gales etc --- so far so good.:Smile:

Then decided to take the van out to visit Scarborough ---- not so good:Blush:, reminded me off the recent thread about having fun watching people using ramps etc. I had tried to think ahead and put a peg at the back of the van so I could line up when reversing – backed over that:Doh:. Had put marker stones by the front and back wheels to help line up – ran over them so they moved:Doh:. Eventually got the van lines up although only with many ‘vocal’ suggestions from swmbo

In a month of going out and about never got it right so now I know why they call them “drive away awnings” and no one seems to sell “drive back awnings” still practice makes perfect and it kept the caravaners smiling.:ROFLMAO:

Colin

Colin

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Makes a change to give caravaners summat to laugh at, normally the other way round ::bigsmile:
we too had an audience at the weekend on a cl in east yorkshire trying to get level on ramps (needed a shower so it was imperative to get very level or it dont drain) mrs ips was attempting to get on ramps but they kept moving and or she kept stalling :Doh: could see the caravaners window blinds twitching.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
dencol

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
The site I was on was anything but level so out came the ramps even then still not level but at least I could fill my glass 3/4 full without spilling the wine:Smile:

Had not mentioned the ramps as was trying to forget the experience. Spent so much time trying to line the van up with the awning that when in came to driving up the ramps I was still concentrating on the awning and drove right over and off the ramps. :Blush::Doh: normally 'the boss' put the ramps in place ready for me to drive on, saves me getting out of the van, for some reason for the rest of the holiday she left that job to me:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back