Drive Away awning and them figure of eight things (1 Viewer)

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
We recently bought a Turismo XS2 drive-away awning. I was wondering whether we need one (or some) of those figure of eight tubular things for this to work as 'drive-away' or whether just slotting the piping into the Fiamma 45 awning will do. What bothers me is that, to drive away, we'll need to slide out the whole length of piping and I wonder how feasible this is.
We haven't had a chance to try it out on the van yet, what with work being done on the vehicle and some pretty dreadful weather.
Love to hear from someone about this.
David

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If you want to use it as a drive away then you will have to use the fig. 8 section, you may have to anyway as the groove on the Fiamma is 4mm and your awning may be 6mm. If it is then you will need a 4mm to 6mm kadar strip, the 4mm will go into the Fiamma and the 6mm into the fig.8 which also slides onto your awning.

OP
OP
David Guthrie

David Guthrie

Free Member
Oct 21, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Hi-Top
Exp
Thanks, @Mikeco . Just wondering where I can get this kadar kit in time - we're off to France on Saturday! I'll check my local caravan store.
David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If you get stuck then you may be passing somewhere like Brownhills at Newark on your way South.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back