drip stops for round doors (1 Viewer)

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
i am thinking of getting those drip stop things that can be glued to ther motorhome above the access door or garage to stop rain dripping down

are they any good

are there some that are better than others?

any recommendations?

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi Hugh,

What I've heard there quite good, got one but not fitted it yet, so can't say.
I've got the weather strip along the top of canopy awning, thats works great, stops all the black streaks :Smile:

K&D.

OP
OP
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
Hi Hugh,

What I've heard there quite good, got one but not fitted it yet, so can't say.
I've got the weather strip along the top of canopy awning, thats works great, stops all the black streaks :Smile:

K&D.

yes i need to get one of them as well

do you have a link to the one you got or should i get a fiammi one if i have a fiammi awning?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
Hi Hugh,

We got ours from www.riverswayleisure.co.uk, Campbells sell it as well, they do both for doors & awnings.
They are universal fit so do fiamma, omnistor etc

Ken.

ahh yes i know them, i have ordered other bits from them, will give em a call tomorrow as i want dripstops for my garage doors and above the awning

i guess dripstops are more useful currently than aircon!!!! :frowny:

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
i guess dripstops are more useful currently than aircon!!!!

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
Your not wrong there,,,

Gerryatric71

Free Member
Aug 15, 2017
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504 SL 2007
Exp
Since Adam and Eve built one !
I have like many folks struggled for years with the dreaded black streak syndrome but not any more !
I have just bought an “old” 2007 Hymer B504SL which has a white gutter the full length of the edge of the roof and then runs down each end and disappears into the wheel mudguard. The only panel that has any streaks ( but not black)is the rear panel. The culprit of the black streaks I believe are rubber window surrounds.
Simple solution and I guess could be retro fitted like mine.

Gerryatric71

Free Member
Aug 15, 2017
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504 SL 2007
Exp
Since Adam and Eve built one !
I have used the fiamma one over cab window works a treat . A Class drivers window water pours off the roof but now diverts away.
Strangely when we had a recent downpour (not rare here in Cumbria) water ran off the roof in such quantity it ran to the gutter but simply overflowed and poured down the window.
Probably due to the angle the motorhome was at. Otherwise Im impressed how clean that gutter keeps the sides clean.

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Excellent. Just make sure you clean the surface first and use something like masking tape for alignment, as the adhesive is super sticky! No second chances.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back