Drilling seat for padlock - any photos? (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
On a recent thread mention was made of reversing the driver's seat and then drilling through the base so that a padlock could be inserted to prevent the seat from being returned to the driving position. Has anyone who has done this got any photos of the mod?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I can take one but not until tomorrow evening.
I did it but turned out not quite how I imagined.
There was nowhere on the fixed base that could be lined up with the rotating bit to put a padlock through if that makes sense.
So I ended up drilling it only through the rotating base and in a place so that when the padlock is in place the seat won`t turn as the padlock hits the corner of the base.
It`s a bit fiddly to get on and off but a very cheap and effective way of making the van undriveable
When not in use the hole in the base is barely seen as I painted the exposed steel to match

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
On my sprinter seat mechanism I can put a padlock on without drilling any holes, there is just a bit where I can get a padlock on and it locks the seat in sideways.....

I'd have a good look at yours to see if you have to...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
On my sprinter seat mechanism I can put a padlock on without drilling any holes, there is just a bit where I can get a padlock on and it locks the seat in sideways.....

I'd have a good look at yours to see if you have to...

Our Ducato didn't need drilling as the top half of the seat base already had a suitable hole which prevents the seat being turned back around when a padlock is used.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Our Ducato didn't need drilling as the top half of the seat base already had a suitable hole which prevents the seat being turned back around when a padlock is used.
Interested in a pic of this if possible :)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Ours is a Ducato Base and the hole lines up. Biggish padlock needed but just harder

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Interested in a pic of this if possible :)
IMG_3722.JPG
IMG_3723.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back