LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I mentioned in my watch museum thread that Dresden was worth a visit but did not elaborate.

Wel,it is for its history and architecture, it has a museum of transport covering bikes, cars, trains and planes/airships.

It has a Grosse Garten which has a few miniature steam trains that will take you around the garden, otherwise take your bikes as it more a park than a garden.

I had read there was a VW plant close to Dreden but did not realise it was a walk from the city centre it's called Glaserne Manufaktur, our limited German suggested it was something to do with glass well actually it means transparent manufacturing as the factory is all glass so you can see everything going on. They do guided tours but we were there on the Saturday and the plant was not running so we gave it a miss but you can still go into the general viewing area and watch the computer screen guided tour and sit in new cars, they assemble Phaeton, CC, Touran and Some Bentleys from parts that are obviously produced in other plants and shipped in.

Martin

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
thanks for this info, just booked a tour for our visit in August :) You can do it all online and it costs 7 euros for adults and there are discounts. Looking forward to it. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back