Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
Hi guys Thinking of doing 2 trips Dresden and auchwitz or The Hebrides.

First Dresden and Auchwitz. Has anybody done this trip, Any info would be appreciated.
Second trip - Hebrides. Drive to Oban then get the Hopscotch ticket to Barra and drive up to the top of the Isle of Lewis. Has anybody done that. Again any info appreciated.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .the dresden trip is a good one .we had a mate that lived at radebeul between dresden and meissen . dont forget you can visit colditz on the way . i was there in 99 when they found lots of tins under the potatoe store kleft over from the war . also eisonach for the waretburg museum .
but follow the german cz /ploish border north see the big drag cranes removing the coal .there was 13 in a row last time i was there .and spreewold is nice .
lovely trip . takes ages as its nice to go up the mosel river as well before you get there .
have fun lots to see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
did the auchwitz trip when we were in Krakov, camp 1 is very moving and camp 2 is just what everybody imagines auchwitz to look like from the films/newsreel footage, it's not a pleasurable trip but i am glad i did it, while you are in the area please dont miss the salt mine. trips are easy to book anywhere in Krakov,and it is very impressive. my mate visits relatives in Dresden every year (he's there now) he tells me it is a great city to visit so it's on the list for our next German trip

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
We just got back from the Hebrides, did the same hopscotch as you. Fantastic wild camping on Berneray and also in south Uist. Disposal points and water supply at some of the ferry ports. Amazing campsite on Lewis, shame about the blizzard! We had a lovely time, it really is a getaway from it all kinda place.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back